1. Summer Programs: We are still in the process of discerning where to go, but we highly recommend you to be open and surrendered to go anywhere this summer. The cost will range from $2800 to $3500, depending on which country. We will update everyone when we have the final destinations set, but please do apply by the deadline so we know who is interested.
Also, in order to be considered for the program, please note the following:
1. Have been a Christian for more than three years
2. Have been a committed church member at CFC for at least three years
3. You are at least a sophomore
4. Recommended by small group leader and area pastor
5. Currently should be actively evangelizing to non-Christians
*** After we receive your application, you would need to go through an interview process with the SMP Pastor or other Pastors ***
2. Parental Consent: A key element of the summer mission program is parental involvement. We feel strongly that all team members have their parents’ blessing in order to participate in our program. Therefore, applications will not be accepted unless parental consent is obtained. If you are having problems obtaining parental consent, please speak with your area pastor as soon as possible. (This is not required for those who have graduated and are “independent” from their parents.)
3. Church Leader Recommendation: Each applicant is required to have his or her current church leader (small group leader) submit a recommendation. This is a confidential form that will not be disclosed to the applicant. Your small group servant will fill out the recommendation electronically.
If you are currently a servant or co-servant at CFC, you will need to notify your area pastor that you are planning to go (they will submit a recommendation to the committee for review).
4. Time Commitment: All participants will be required to attend a mandatory missions training meeting weekly for approximately 3 hours, beginning second semester. In general, the training and preparation for this summer program will demand a huge time commitment. It’s best to think of this as another 3-hour university class. If you are a student, it might do you well to have a lighter academic load, if possible.
5. Missions Bible Study & ISC conversation partners: Everyone who wishes to participate in the summer mission program will be required to have taken Missions Bible Study which is offered at CFC as a special Bible study course. If you have not taken this yet, you will be required to do so during the spring semester simultaneously with your mission training. Also, you will need to be part of the ISC conversation partner program where you will meet 1-2 international students per week for 8 weeks.
6. The contact person for future issues/questions related to the Summer Mission Program is firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. The first deadline for applications is Monday, December 5, 2016 and the final deadline is Monday, January 30, 2017. The application can be found on our website at http://www.cfchome.org/SMPapply. The form should be saved as your full name in a Microsoft Word document and emailed in. Applications will not be accepted after this deadline unless arrangements have been made before the deadline date, and only under extenuating circumstances.
8. The following is a basic tentative schedule of future dates, deadlines, and training.
*Monday, December 5, 2016 First deadline: Candidate application form
Monday, January 30, 2017 Final deadline: leader recommendation, parental consent form due
January – February Review of applications by CFC leadership and notification of acceptance
February 2017 First team meeting (and every Sunday following. The exact date is TBA.)
We are excited about how God is leading you to apply for a summer mission program this year. We have seen many people’s lives radically changed through a summer program experience. With much prayer, we have hopes that God will lead and guide you in this very important phase of your Christian life. May the Lord be with you in your application process!
All questions/correspondence/comments contact: email@example.com