2022 USA Games: Coaches Application
Every four years, Special Olympics athletes from all over the United States compete in the Special Olympics USA Games. The 2022 Special Olympics USA Summer Games will be held June 5-11 in Orlando, FL, where 4,000 athletes, 10,000 volunteers and 125,000 spectators will help make the 2022 USA Games the largest ever.
Special Olympics Team Wisconsin will be represented by 65 Athletes and Partners in the following sports: Athletics/Swimming/Bowling/Bocce/Flag Football/Softball. Below is information and the official Special Olympics Team WI Coaches Application.
Submission Deadline is March 1st.
1. Team WI Coaches will be selected based on sports experience, ability, and attitude. The selection will also be made based on the best fit of the coaches’ experiences and the needs of the team. Coaches must embody the best examples of sportsmanship and adherence to the Code of Conduct both within Team WI activities as well as in other aspects of their lives.
2. Those coaches selected must be available for all training sessions and complete the entire anticipated eight-day trip to the USA Games.
3. Each applicant for a coaching position with Team Wisconsin for the 2022 USA Games must:
• Attend the following mandatory training sessions
Coaches Orientation April 29, 2021
Team Selection Camp Sept 17-19, 2021
Team Training Camp April 22-24 2022
Pre-Departure Camp June 2022
• Be a SOWI registered Class A volunteer and pass a background check
• Be certified or able to obtain certification in the Coaching Special Olympic Athletes course prior to May 2022.
• Be certified or able to obtain certification in the sport for which you are applying prior to May 2022.
• Must commit to assist with team fundraising efforts (coaches are required to raise $250 through team fundraising
• Demonstrate the necessary coaching skills in the sport(s) they wish to coach at the USA Games
• Be responsible for chaperoning athletes continually throughout training sessions and the games in addition to
performing coaching duties. Coaches must encourage athletes to participate in an ongoing fitness program leading up
to the games including multiple fitness assessments throughout the year.
• Be in good health and be comfortable outdoors in warm/humid weather for extended periods of time
• Be 21 years of age or older by January 1, 2021
• Fit needs of athletes selected for team
• Be available as a Team WI member from June 5, 2022 – June 11, 2022 for the entire duration of the USA Games.
4. Applications are due no later than March 1st. Final selections will be made by a committee appointed by Special Olympics Wisconsin.
NOTE: Special Olympics Wisconsin shall be the sole coordinator of the 2022 USA Games Team Wisconsin delegation. As such, SOWI has the right to render any decisions that will serve and ensure the health, safety, integrity and well-being of all Wisconsin delegates. In the unlikely case that the Special Olympics USA Games selection committee does not receive an adequate number of qualified coach applications, the committee reserves the right to re-open the selection process after the deadline date for application.
Page 1 of 9
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service