Tennis Geelong 2020 Winter COVID-19 Regulations
Before attending a tennis venue or playing tennis, you need to consider your individual situation noting that the COVID-19 virus can spread very quickly and result in very serious medical complications in some people. Like any activities, there are some inherent risks involved and by participating you are accepting those risks.
Please note that the below competition regulations are to be used in conjunction with the COVID-19 Community Tennis Guidelines for Victoria and must be followed by players, parents and clubs running or participating in Tennis Geelong Pennant competitions. Tennis Geelong Committee's consider any breaches to these guidelines serious and will investigate any rumoured breaches of these guidelines. Any substantiated breaches could result in suspension.
Before you arrive for your first match in each Pennant Competition, Tennis Geelong must have agreement from each player and parent that wishes to participate or attend, that they will follow the guidelines outlined below. This is achieved by the submission of this form.
You must stay at home if you:
• Have been in contact with someone with COVID-19 in the last 14 days
• Have been overseas or exposed to someone with COVID-19 in the last 14 days
• Are awaiting results of a COVID-19 test
• Are or have been unwell, especially with flu-like symptoms, until you have been symptom free for 72 hrs
• Or are in a high risk health category.
• Please maintain a safe 1.5 metre distance between each other.
• If it rains, don't huddle too close under shelters, move to your own cars
• Clubrooms are not required to be open, except for the use of toilets only
• Do not organise car pools to attend venues
• Bring your own equipment, including snacks and drinks (do not share with others)
• Sanitise your hands prior to entering the court
• Change ends on opposite sides of the net
• On court chairs or benches should avoid being used. They should not be shared. If used, they need to be sanitised after usage
• Minimise the number of people using each court sweeper, and sanitise touched areas when practical
• Avoid directly touching your face while playing.
• Touch racquets instead of the regular pre- and post-match handshakes
• Results should be directly entered online where possible.
• If scoresheets are used, only one person should handle the scoresheet and pen.
• Socialisation should be kept to a minimum.
• No shared foods/drinks
• no afternoon tea for Seniors and no lunch for Midweek.
• no self-serve tea/coffee
• Only people core to playing should attend such as players, participants and operational personnel
• Arrive and leave as close as possible to when you need to be there
• Only one parent/guardian should accompany younger children where possible.
If you believe someone is unwell, and should not be playing
• encourage that person to go home
• if they refuse to leave, submit a complaint to the relevant Competition Committee and report to the police Covid-19 response team:
• you are under no obligation to take the court against someone you believe to be unwell
Thank you for your support and understanding. We all must continue working together to stop the spread of COVID-19. Please ‘Get in, play, get out’.
I agree to abide by the above regulations while playing Tennis Geelong Pennant Competition.
Aireys Inlet TC
All Saints Anglican TC
Barwon Heads TC
Belmont Uniting TC
Clifton Springs TC
Eastern Districts TC
Fyans Park TC
Geelong East Uniting TC
Geelong Lawn TC
Geelong West TC
Hamlyn Park TC
Mt Moriac TC
Ocean Grove TC
Point Lonsdale TC
St Alban's TC
St Mary's TC
St Stephen's TC
Sutherland's Creek TC
Wandana Heights TC
Waurn Ponds TC
Western Heights Uniting TC
Competition (separate forms are required for each competition you wish to compete in)
2020 Winter Tuesday Midweek Pennant
2020 Winter Saturday Senior Pennant
2020 Winter Saturday Junior Pennant
2020 Winter Saturday Junior Parent/Guardian
Disclaimer: By providing personal information you agree that this information will be used by Tennis Geelong for health tracking purposes. If you do not agree, you must not provide your personal information, and you or your child will be unable to enter the pennant competition.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service