1. The timeline for this process:
-- July 30 - CSWS Application goes live for Community Partners
-- Aug 13 - This form and PDF job descriptions are due
-- Aug 14-15 - Partners receive confirmation about approved positions
-- Aug 15-18 - Positions are listed and made live on UP websites
-- Aug 15 on- Students start applying
-----> Please note that student applications are accepted on a a rolling basis and we will continue to send you student's application materials until you have hired.
2. What information needs to be turned in to complete this application?
-- This Google form (simply complete this form and hit submit)
-- Job descriptions for each of the positions you would like to offer.
-----> Job descriptions will need to be sent via email to email@example.com as a PDF
-----> You can find the template for creating your job descriptions by navigating to www.up.edu/moreaucenter and clicking on the "Community Service Work Study" tab on the left side of the screen, or by cutting and pasting the following link into your web browser: http://www.up.edu/moreaucenter/default.aspx?cid=8525&pid=4584&gd=yes
3. Once job proposals are accepted, it is the Community Partner's responsibility to:
-- Review student application and resume materials sent by Moreau Center
-- Interview selected candidates
-- Officially hire your student worker
-- Communicate with other interested students about your process and time line even if you do not want to interview them
-- Communicate with the Moreau Center when you have hired/ found the right student or if you have questions
-----> We will be in contact with the Community Partner to offer support through this process
4. The Moreau Center is looking for CSWS positions that offer dynamic opportunities as we have found that they tend to have more student interest and hire first. Please do not submit a position that consists of mostly office work, we are looking for positions that engage meaningful projects, community members, and taps into student skills and capabilities.
5. The Moreau Center is limited by the campus CSWS budget in terms of how many positions it can offer. This number of positions changes from year to year. This year, our hope is to offer most of our partners at least one CSWS position for the upcoming year, but this is based off of how many partners apply by the deadline and the types of positions that we believe will greatly benefit our students in addition to you our partners. If for some reason we are unable to offer you a position this year we will work hard to share your organizational needs with our students as general volunteer opportunities.
6. Please remember that students are limited by their allotment in terms of hours - roughly 6-7 hours per week if the student consistently works each of the 8 months of the school year. We cannot accept work positions that offer less than 5 hours of work per week. Additionally, please note that CSWS positions start September 1st and end April 30th 2014, students cannot start earlier or end later than these date markers.
Additional information regarding student allotment and hours per week:
Work study allotments are currently capped at $2000.00 for most students. This will not be the case with all students and allotments will be verified at the beginning of the term with each student. It is important to know that once a student earns all of their allotment for the year they will need to stop working for your organization, but can continue on as a volunteer if they so wish. This is important to think about when calculating hours for your positions and clearly identifying expectations of hours throughout the year. Students will be paid between $9.10 and $10.00 per hour for the 2014-15 school year (approximately 6-7 hours a week if students consistently work each of the 8 months of the school year). Ultimately it is the responsibility of the student to monitor his/her hours and allotment.
For any additional questions please contact Lindie Burgess in the Moreau Center -firstname.lastname@example.org or 503.943.8195.