WebSharks, Inc. - Job Application
Do you love working with WordPress? Do you love helping people with technology? If you answered yes to either of those questions and if the thought of working with a globally-distributed remote team of multi-talented technology enthusiasts sounds exciting to you, then submit your application below! We'll be contacting applicants who meet our requirements for a follow-up chat over Slack.
We're looking for someone to help us support our users by answering WordPress-related questions in our ticketing system (Zendesk). You'll be answering support queries to help our customers and users with questions about our WordPress products (plugins and themes; right now, namely s2Member and ZenCache / Quick Cache).
Ideally, you’ll be able to dedicate 2-3 hours per day, five days per week. If you want to work on weekends, that would be fine too--we do it all the time (we love what we do, so it's hard to keep us away!). :-)
- Answer support queries and escalate issues as necessary
- Install and use WebSharks plugins and themes to familiarize yourself with them
- Use our product Knowledge Bases to point users in the correct direction to help them solve their problems
- Test claims of broken features by attempting to reproduce what customers report as not working
- Must be familiar with WordPress and have at least a basic understanding of WordPress plugins and themes
- Excellent communication and writing skills (English)
- An ability to learn as you go using all available resources
- Good organizational skills and an ability to "show up" regularly as required
- A desire to learn new things
We've been developing themes & plugins for WordPress for 5+ years now. In that time we've learned to love WordPress for many reasons. Not only is WordPress a dream to work with; it's the growing WordPress community that's absolutely amazing. We're thrilled to be a part of it! Our software has been downloaded millions of times and we have over a hundred thousand active sites running our software.
We're a small, tight-knit team of multi-talented technology enthusiasts. Everyone works remotely and we use online tools for collaboration (namely Slack and GitHub). We value responsibility, 'showing up', and a strong work ethic. We expect everyone on the team to be willing to ask for help when they need it (we all need it from time to time!), and to respect differing opinions and perspectives.
Anywhere! As long as you can get online and have access to a computer with a modern web browser and operating system, you have everything you need to do this job.
Starting pay is $200/week paid via PayPal. There's an opportunity to earn more going forward. We're hiring part-time to start, but we're looking for someone who will eventually join our team full-time.