Native American Literature Registration Summer 2020
The text used in this book club targets high school students and adult readers; however, teachers of all grades and content areas will build background knowledge and learn instructional strategies that will facilitate the integration of Indian Education for All. The primary text is an anthology to include a wealth of literature written by some of the best classic authors and the finest contemporary voices. Participants will read and review the
Essential Understandings of Montana Indians and the book, Glencoe Native American Literature, by Glencoe McGraw-Hill. The Essential Understandings Regarding Montana Indians will serve as a guide for critical analysis of the anchor text.
Through readings and examinations of high-quality and authentic literature and teaching materials, participants will explore a variety of literature and professional teaching materials and develop instructional strategies, a final project and one lesson plan for the immediate integration of IEFA into their classrooms.
This course is the equivalent to 15 classroom hours (15 OPI renewal units), which is the equivalent of 1 university credit. This is a self-paced course, but do not expect to complete it in one sitting!
Course participants must be comfortable working independently and be self-motivated to complete all work within the flexible time frame.
You can register for the course now or any time before July 31, 2020; with course completion by August 31, 2020.
Sindie Kennedy (
Erin Lipkind (
Michele McGuire (
Registration fee: $150
Credit: 15 OPI Renewal Units or 1 Semester Credit (semester credit is offered through the University of Montana and is an additional fee of $155. The course instructor will provide a separate registration form). The total cost savings is 12% by going through WMPLC to get university continuing education credits.
THE COURSE PROCESS:
* Complete this form.
* Within a few days, you will receive an invoice via email.
* Pay the invoice/registration fee (online or by check) in order to begin.
* You will receive a username and password and steps to access the Moodle course.
* The instructor will send an introductory email.
* If you are taking the course for OPI renewal units, WMPLC will send you OPI renewal units upon completion of the semester (Summer 2020).
* If you are taking the course for University of Montana semester credits, complete the course and submit the form and additional payment of $155 by the following date: Summer 2020 semester: July 31, 2020. The semester credit registration form will be shared with you when your registration is received. You will then need to send the completed semester credit form and payment to your instructor by the date listed above. The instructor will collect all of the registration forms and send them together to the U of M at the end of the semester.
Obtaining a copy of the book: Check your school /district or local library. Amazon and other online
booksellers often have used copies available. The instructor is available to assist with locating copies, if
Event Number: 21521012
EDU 455 and C&I 555
brought to you by:
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Western Montana Professional Learning Collaborative.