- Emphasis on commitment to community leadership and service
- Emphasis on activities: levels of responsibility and initiatives undertaken are given more importance than leadership roles or titles
- Maintenance of good academic standing
- Preference for demonstration of leadership abilities in a variety of venues, including community, school, charitable and/or faith-based organizations
- Demonstrated evidence of active participation in above-listed organizations
2. Applicants will be screened by a selection committee and notified of their award status in May of 2019.
3. One applicant will be selected to receive the award. Award may be recognized at the recipient’s 2019 high school awards program and will be presented at the Leadership Lafayette Annual Celebration on June 13, 2019.