***BEFORE YOU FILL OUT THIS FORM***, we encourage you to film a video of you (or your youth volunteer) answering the the questions below (in section 2). You can also feel free to make up your own questions! These are just a starting point.
1. Tell us more about your favorite/best volunteer activity/activities. Where was it, and what did you do? How did you help? Why was it important?
2. How does volunteering make you feel?
3. What do you wish other kids/teens and families knew about volunteering?
4. Why do you think it's important for kids/teens to volunteer?
5. Is there anything else you want to say, or want us to know? (adults can answer this one too)
If you aren't into doing video, that's okay. You can always write out answers out at the appropriate place in the form (section #2).
At the end of this form (section #3), there is a place to upload your video(s) and pictures. Send us whatever you have, even if it's not perfect. (We want it to be authentic and natural!) You can do the recording at home, outside, in the car, at the place where you volunteer, or wherever you feel most comfortable. Please do not edit the video; just send us the complete raw footage.
You can upload up to 3 video clips and 10 photos of you (or your youth volunteer), and we ask that at least 1 photo OR video clip is of this youth volunteer engaged in the specific volunteer activity or activities you're telling us about.
A SIGNED MEDIA CONSENT FORM MUST ALSO BE COMPLETED. Forms must be signed by a parent or guardian, if under age 18. We will send the media consent form to the email address provided.
If we select your story to share, we'll make a one minute video out of what you send us. (We'll follow up by email, as necessary.) Thank you for taking the time to share your #GivingKid story!
And don't forget to follow us on Facebook (@ProjectGivingKids), Instagram (@ProjectGivingKids), and/or Twitter (@GivingKIDS). We may be sharing your story there soon!