The mission of The Wildcat Sanctuary is to provide a natural sanctuary to wild cats in need and inspire change to the end the captive wildlife crisis. Thank you for your interest in joining us in these efforts. Please read and complete this application form if you are interested in becoming an Individual Volunteer who can commit to at least one full-day shift per month.
All Individual Volunteers go through a rigorous application process. We reserve the right to reject applicants that are not a good fit for our needs or our philosophy. There are no contracts between TWS and its volunteers. All volunteers are considered “at will,” which means they could be terminated at any time with or without cause without subjecting the organization to a claim for breach of an employment contract. All volunteers must be 18 years of age or older.
If you are interested in scheduling a Crew Day, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss dates and other details.
On-Site Rules and Regulations for Volunteers
While not all of our volunteers work on-site we feel it’s important to share some of our on-site rules before you commit to a volunteer position to help you better understand our standard practices.
• Any contact between volunteers and wild animal residents is strictly prohibited and grounds for immediate and permanent dismissal from Sanctuary property. This includes touching a cat, sticking fingers or other objects into enclosures, or entering an enclosure for any reason.
• All volunteers must be at least 18 years of age.
• All on-site volunteers must have a current health insurance policy.
• Volunteers must comply with all posted signs on the property.
• All emergencies must be reported to a staff member immediately. Safety training is provided.
• Since TWS is closed to the public, the only people allowed on-site are volunteers scheduled to work, staff and certain donors/community members.
• Volunteers must give as much advanced notice, but no less than 24 hours, prior to cancelling a shift.
• Cameras and camera phones are prohibited during volunteer projects.
• NEVER give out confidential information, including private contact information for any staff or volunteer.
• Drugs, alcohol or other substances are not allowed on the property. Smoking is not permitted on Sanctuary grounds.