https://vimeo.com/205564871 (Note: Please open and view the video in a separate tab)
This is the formal application to be considered as a candidate of Iowa State University's Spaceflight Operations Workshop. The workshop will be held in Ames, Iowa, from Wednesday August 7, 2019 through Sunday August 18, 2019. In order to participate in the workshop, you must pay the associated lab fee. The lab fee for 2019 is currently being determined, but the lab fee for 2018 was $415. This lab fee will be billed July 2019 and due August 2019. There are also incidental costs associated with the workshop that participants will be expected to pay out-of-pocket; dollar amounts will vary from person to person.
Please note: each candidate is only allowed to submit one application. You will be unable to edit your application once it is submitted. The application deadline is listed below:
Application Deadline: 11:59pm, Sunday, February 17th (02/17/2019).
Please review the application essay questions below before beginning to fill out the application. We encourage you to prepare your responses in an external form (e.g., Word, Google Docs, Adobe Acrobat, etc.), and then return to complete the application when you have fully answered each question and are prepared to submit your responses. Remember that once submitted, an applicant may not edit their responses. Please keep essay responses between 100-250 words.
1) Why do you wish to participate in the workshop? -OR - What inspired you to apply for the workshop?
2) What activities/hobbies do you enjoy? What is it about these activities/hobbies that you enjoy? (Note: The answer does not necessarily have to be engineering related)
3) From your personal experience, please briefly describe a situation wherein a conflict occurred. In detail, describe what was done to resolve the conflict and what the outcome of that resolution was. Looking back, was there a better way to resolve that conflict? What is that way, and how would it have changed the outcome?
4) Talk about a time when you failed at something. What was the task? Why did you fail? What did you learn?
5) Please add anything else you would like to share (Optional).
After submitting your application, you will receive a response receipt. If you do not receive a receipt, please contact Evan Wieczorek (firstname.lastname@example.org) to ensure your application was received. It is anticipated that the application review and participant selection process will be completed by the end of March. Any additional questions can be directed to Evan Wieczorek.
Once you have read all of the above statements and are prepared to complete your application, please enter your email address and advance to the next section to continue to your application.