Hi! My name is Sim and I'm a policy debate coach at Georgetown Day School. I started a project last year which I called an 'Asian Identity Debate Working Group.' The purpose of such was to create a community of curious students to collaborate over identity arguments. More importantly, I had a larger mission to foster a space where Asian students could reflect on their identity and history with peers, learn about new literature and theories, and develop a critical consciousness. If you are interested in joining the 2023 summer cohort, please fill out this application.
- The deadline to apply is midnight on April 30th, 2023
- There is no cost
- All activities and communications are hosted on Discord
- Active programming (lectures, case writing workshops, etc.) will be over a week or two over the summer, likely August, and the Discord remains active during the season for debaters to communicate and prep at their own intiation
- Debaters of all formats and experience levels are welcome to apply, but you must be in high school
- You can contact me at email@example.com