Thank you for your interest in hosting an event at 826CHI! 826CHI is a small nonprofit organization and use of our space by outside groups is limited. We review and approve requests on a case by case basis.
Please review the information and photos of our space below and fill out the form with information regarding your event. 826CHI staff will follow up within one week of receiving your request. If your event is a good fit, a meeting and walkthrough will be scheduled, and we will reach a detailed facility use agreement.
- The capacity of our writing lab is approx. 60-75 depending on furniture setup.
- Event Organizers have access to 10 tables, 60 chairs, a whiteboard wall, and a small stage. Our facility is equipped with wifi, a projector, and a limited sound system with one microphone and a small speaker.
- Our conference room, which seats 9, is available for smaller meetings.
- We do not have a kitchen facility, but outside food and drink is permitted.
- Alcohol may only be served by individuals with Illinois BASSET certification. The Event Organizer must provide documentation of licensing. The sale of alcoholic beverages is prohibited at 826CHI. If alcohol is served, IDs of every guest must be checked at time of entry into the facility. Underage drinking is never permitted. Enforcement of these rules is the responsibility of the Event Organizer.
Generally, our spaces are available during the following times:
Saturdays and Sundays: Varies
All events and clean up must be over by 10pm. Prior approval is needed for events outside of listed hours or events past 10pm. Additional fees may apply. 826CHI reserves the right to refuse any event request that conflicts with a student program.
$100 per hour (including setup and cleanup)
$200 security deposit due at time of booking
Nonprofit and partner rates are available, and payment via in-kind donation is negotiable.
If you have any additional questions, please reach out to our Operations Associate, Musaad Muhammad, at firstname.lastname@example.org