826CHI Event Request Form
Thank you for your interest in hosting an event at 826CHI! 826CHI is a small nonprofit organization and use of our space by outside groups is limited. We review and approve requests on a case by case basis.
Please review the information and photos of our space below and fill out the form with information regarding your event. 826CHI staff will follow up within one week of receiving your request. If your event is a good fit, a meeting and walkthrough will be scheduled, and we will reach a detailed facility use agreement.
- The capacity of our writing lab is approx. 60-75 depending on furniture setup.
- Event Organizers have access to 10 tables, 60 chairs, a whiteboard wall, and a small stage. Our facility is equipped with wifi, a projector, and a limited sound system with one microphone and a small speaker.
- Our conference room, which seats 9, is available for smaller meetings.
- We do not have a kitchen facility, but outside food and drink is permitted.
- Alcohol may only be served by individuals with Illinois BASSET certification. The Event Organizer must provide documentation of licensing. The sale of alcoholic beverages is prohibited at 826CHI. If alcohol is served, IDs of every guest must be checked at time of entry into the facility. Underage drinking is never permitted. Enforcement of these rules is the responsibility of the Event Organizer.
Generally, our spaces are available during the following times:
Saturdays and Sundays: Varies
All events and clean up must be over by 10pm. Prior approval is needed for events outside of listed hours or events past 10pm. Additional fees may apply. 826CHI reserves the right to refuse any event request that conflicts with a student program.
$100 per hour (including setup and cleanup)
$200 security deposit due at time of booking
Nonprofit and partner rates are available, and payment via in-kind donation is negotiable.
If you have any additional questions, please reach out to our Operations Associate, Musaad Muhammad, at
Name (Primary event contact)
Organization name (if applicable)
Please briefly describe your event
Please list your preferred dates, start time, and duration of your event
20 - 40
40 - 60
How many chairs will you need? (Maximum of 60)
How many tables will you need? (Maximum of 10)
What is your desired setup? (Floor layouts are approximate and not to scale)
#1: Classroom - 5 long tables with chairs on both sides
#2: Auditorium - 2 sections of chairs facing a panel or the projector screen / white board
#3: Small Groups- 5 smaller tables set for roundtable discussion
#4 Seminar Style - Tables in a rectangle with chairs along outside
#5- Chairs facing small stage
Conference Room Only (capacity of 9) - See photo below
Are you requesting use of our conference room? (pictured)
Yes- only conference room (capacity approx. 9)
Yes - in addition to the larger room
Please check all technology needed:
Will you be serving food?
Will you be serving alcohol?
Yes, and I understand alcohol may only be served by individuals with Illinois BASSET certification.
Are you a part of a nonprofit organization?
How did you hear about 826CHI?
Currently involved in 826CHI (partner, volunteer, etc.)
Formerly involved in 826CHI (partner, volunteer, student, etc.)
Attended other 826CHI event
Referred by friend
Wicker Park Secret Agent Supply
Another Chicago or literary organization
Comments / Questions
A copy of your responses will be emailed to the address you provided.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of 826CHI Inc.