Dear New Kindergarten Families,
We are excited to welcome your child to Kindergarten in the fall! Below is information about our Kindergarten Screening process. Kindergarten screening assists us in gathering pertinent information about your child’s learning styles, social/emotional/academic strengths, and instructional focus areas using recent student data.
The screening process is as follows:
* Screenings will be held on Tuesday, August 27th; Wednesday, August 28th and Thursday, August 29.
* Screening groups will include 6-10 students and will last two hours. You will be asked to complete paperwork during the screening. You are welcome to remain at school during the screening time or leave and return.
* Screenings will take place at LaPerche Elementary School.
* Students will have an opportunity to see both Kindergarten classrooms during the screening process.
* Building-based Kindergarten Teachers, Speech/Language Therapists and Reading Teachers will assist with the screening.
*Screening teams will review results, and create balanced classes based on the screening results.
* Parents will receive notification of their child’s teacher by the end of the day, Thursday, August 29th.
* First day of school for Kindergarten will be Friday, August 30th. Parents will drop off their child for 9:30 a.m., spend fifteen minutes in the classroom, and then head out for the day. Anyone who did not attend Preschool Story Hour or has any questions is invited to meet with the principal. Students will remain at school for the remainder of the day and be dismissed with the rest of the school at 3:20. During the screening appointment, you will let us know how your child will get home from school that first day.
* Please complete this form by choosing three times that work for you to bring your child to the screening appointment. You will receive a email from LaPerche during the summer to let you know your child’s screening time. Thank you!
Please feel free to email with any questions firstname.lastname@example.org.