Beus Center for Law and Society Event Request Form
1. All requests are subject to review by the Beus Center for Law and Society Events Committee. Submitting an event request does not guarantee reservation.
2. Event requests must be received at least 30 days in advance. All events must be booked through ASU Law Event Coordinators.
3. All events are subject to availability. Events should have a legal or judicial-related focus. Priority will be given to events with related topics. All events are scheduled in the order they were requested and space is not guaranteed until necessary agreements are signed and deposits are paid.
4. Priority for scheduling will be given to the Beus Center for Law and Society and associated building occupants. Other ASU Colleges/Departments and Third Party Organizations may book event spaces based on the following academic calendar:
Event Date Falls within… Spring (January – May) Available to book October Prior
Event Date Falls within… Summer (June – August) Available to book April Prior
Event Date Falls within… Fall (September – December) Available to book July Prior
5. ASU Law does not schedule events on Student Reading Days or during Final Exams. These dates vary but typically fall within the first two weeks of December, the last two weeks of April and first two weeks of May.
6. Events cannot be accommodated on University Holidays. Please refer to the following link to view these dates:
7. A 50% deposit must be received 14 days prior to the event if any fees are required. Any additional fees associated with the event must be received at least 2 business days prior to the event date. Payment should be submitted to the following address:
Beus Center for Law and Society
Mail Code 9520
Attn: Events Administration
111 E. Taylor Street
Phoenix, AZ 85004-4467
8. Events should take place during regular building hours including setup and strike times: Monday through Friday 7 a.m. – 6 p.m. Any after-hours events will incur an additional $100 fee.
9. BCLS is closed on Saturday and Sunday. Weekend rates will be incurred. No events on Sundays.
10. BCLS reserves the right to deny weekend facility usage if requesting organization has less than 30 participants.
11. Two, 1 hour walk throughs (initial and final) are included with standard room rates. Additional walk throughs are subjected to further fees.
12. The university reserves the right to end an event if fire code is being broken or conditions in the facility pose a threat to those in attendance.
13. BCLS reserves the right to deny permission for facility usage, cancel and/or move an event.
14. Sponsoring organizations and individuals are responsible for the behavior and actions of those attending their events and activities. Thus, if excessive cleaning or damages occur to equipment and/or the facility, the sponsoring organization/individual is responsible for all charges associated with cleaning and/or repairing the equipment and/or facility.
15. BCLS prohibits the selling of goods or services on property. Please speak with your event coordinator if there are plans to sell goods. Any group found in violation of this policy will result in the immediate cancellation of the event.
16. All events taking place onsite must use ASU approved vendors for catering, rentals and other event related items.
17. Alcohol is permitted pending approval from the BCLS Events Committee and Arizona State University Police Department. A non-refundable $50 processing fee will be applied to groups wishing to apply for an alcohol permit. There is no guarantee that alcohol can be served.
18. Taping, nailing or tacking items anywhere on the premises is strictly prohibited.
19. Open flame is not allowed anywhere on the premises.
20. All event signage must be placed on easels or sign stands. All event signage must be approved in advance. A-Frames are not allowed on campus.
21. ASU is a tobacco-free campus. Smoking, e-cigarettes, vape pens, and illegal drugs of any kind are prohibited in all campus facilities.
22. Parking assistance is available. Parking reservations with 20 or more guests will incur a fee of $40. All parking costs are the responsibility of the individual or group hosting the event.
23. Custodial fees may apply contingent upon the space being utilized.
24. If an event causes disruption to student learning, impedes building usage or illegal activity occurs, BCLS reserves the right to cancel your event.
Page 1 of 2
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Arizona State University.