Church Re-opening survey
While it is our desire to worship together as we did before the COVID-19 crisis started
we understand that things have changed in our country that may affect how we carry out our
worship services from now on. On June 22nd Nashville (Davidson County) entered into Phase 3
of its re-opening strategy, and our plan is on re-opening our church when the city enters into
Phase 4, which would have happened in the third week of July. However, on July 2nd Nashville
authorities reverted to a revised Phase 2. Still, it is our desire to prepare so that we can re-open
our church once Phase 4 of the re-opening strategy starts. The guidelines below must be
adhered to when the church re-opens.
With this in mind, we are conducting a survey to determine who from the church
membership would plan to attend church if and when it re-opens. We must determine this
because some members have already expressed that they would not be attending until the
COVID 19 crisis is completely resolved, which may not be the case even if Nashville has entered
into Phase 4 of its re-opening strategy. Thus, please answer the question below providing your
Full name, phone number, and email. Please read the guidelines below before you answer the
I have read and understood the Nashville First SDA Church Re-opening guidelines.
I am planning to attend church when it re-opens and I am willing to help with whatever I am asked to do to ensure the safety and wellbeing of everyone attending.
Nashville SDA Church Re-opening guidelines
Persons 65 years old or older, people with disabilities, people with serious respiratory or
cardiovascular conditions, and people who are immunocompromised are advised to
remain at home until a later date. This applies also to anyone who has any concerns
over their welfare during this crisis.
* Children’s activities (Sabbath school) will be phased in at a later date. This being said,
children are welcomed to attend the worship service.
* Seating will be arranged to ensure proper social distancing. This means that every other
pew will be cordoned off and while family units that live together can sit next to each
other, every other church member will need to sit 6 feet apart from everyone else.
* Social distancing practices are recommended, which means that there will be no hand
shaking or hugging.
* Face coverings have been mandated in the city of Nashville until further notice,
therefore, we encourage the use of face masks. If you do not have a face mask, one will
be provided for you.
* When washing your hands, wash with both soap and water for no less than 20 secs.
* Anyone who is ill, has a fever, has been in contact with someone who has traveled
internationally or to a domestic hot spot within the last two weeks is advised to stay
* Entry to the church will take place using the front doors only. The side doors will not be
used for entry or exit except in an emergency situation where immediate evacuation is
* Greeters will have a binder and infrared thermometers. Your temperature will be taken
and you will be asked to record your name, date, time and temperature. If your
temperature is greater than 100 degrees, you will be asked to return to your home.
* Deacons-deaconesses will be posted by the bathrooms to ensure than only one person
at a time is using it (unless it is a parent with a child). We ask those who use the
bathroom facilities to clean-disinfect after themselves. Disinfectant wipes will be
* We encourage the use of hand sanitizers which will also be provided.
* Certain areas of the church building will be cordoned off. You are asked not to venture
into those areas and if you have children, to make sure that your children are with you
at all times and not walking around the hallways unsupervised.
* Fellowship meals are cancelled until further notice.
* Since it is unknown how many of our members will be willing to attend if and when
the church is re-opened, ANY MEMBER ATTENDING MUST AGREE TO ASSIST US IN
CARRYING OUT THE ABOVE GUIDELINES. This may mean that you may be asked to
serve as a greeter, taking temperatures, or as a deacon/deaconess, etc., even if that is
not currently an office you occupy. Schedules will be done once we know who will be
* If you have an issue with any of above guidelines that would prevent you from
honoring them we ask you to stay at home.
Send me a copy of my responses.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Nashville First SDA Church.