Sawari by Opolo Global _ TechSpark - Opolo Demo Day _ NFWSC 2020
NFW - TechSpark is one of the programs of the Nigeria Fintech Week event promoted by Fintech Associates Limited. It is an innovation-driven platform for young entrepreneurs to show-case scalable innovative solutions they have built for stakeholders interested in availing them relevant resources from funding to mentorship around market adoption strategies, demystifying the regulatory gridlocks, insights on corporate governance etc.
The Nigeria Fintech Week (NFW) is co-organised by Fintech Association of Nigeria (FintechNGR) and Fintech Associates Limited. Last year’s edition hosted (as Nigeria Fintech Week Student Conference - NFWSC) by the University of Ibadan, was targeted at the student community (featuring hackathon, a pitch competition, masterclass and so on) with representation from tertiary institutions in the country. The program attracted about 600 attendees including representation from the student communities, academia, tech communities and investor communities as well as sponsorship from organisations like - Systemspecs, EFInA and Soft Alliance etc.
The edition of this year’s program is now promoted by Opolo Global Innovation Limited - a subsidiary company of Fintech Associates Limited. The program is open to startup or developer teams (youths either students or non-students) as the selected team will be onboarded into the Opolo Startup Community for close-knit engagement relevant for their solutions to get all the support they need for market adoption and scale-up.
NFW - TechSpark is holding on the 2nd of November 2020 (on the platform of the Nigeria Fintech Week - NFW). We are looking for relevant and immediate innovations that can be a quick fix to key sectors like finance, agriculture, health and education with a lasting effect on the current economic downturn fueled by the pandemic.
Opolo Global, a subsidiary of Fintech Associates Limited is an innovation advisory platform for trailblazers who need infrastructure and support network to grow, and for investors who need promising startups and ideas to invest in. We are currently helping innovators solve African problems with technology by providing leverage to scale through product development, strategic partnership and access to a global network of investors.
A. Masterclasses - Blockchain & Cryptocurrency by Binance and more coming.
B. Panel Sessions - Intellectual Property & Corporate Governance for Start-ups, Careers in Fintech etc.
C. Product Pitch - A short session for businesses to promote their products.
D. Sawari by Opolo - A virtual pitch session during the demo day for selected innovators at early-stage or growth-stage, building in the following sectors:
2. eCommerce & Logistics
6. Culture & Tourism
7. Other Sectors with Strong Revenue Base
BENEFITS TO PARTICIPANTS:
- Prizes and awards as may be determined
- Acceptance into opolo global startup cohort
- Complimentary access to digital learning sessions by The Fintech Institute
- Acceptance into the membership of Fintech Association of Nigeria
- Access to APIs, sandboxes and collaborate with partners to develop solutions
- Access to corporate governance and requirement resolutions
- Exposure to leadership & learning opportunities
- Pro bono consulting and advisory services
- Co-working space opportunities
- Linkage with global investor network
- Recruitment opportunities in top partner tech firms
BENEFITS OF WORKING WITH THE STAKEHOLDERS:
- In-house business/product development support
- Grants/equity funding
- Partnerships with financial institutions and other regulatory bodies
- Access to an expansive network of a global tech ecosystem
- Access to public/private tertiary institutions
- Access to physical co-working space
- Affiliation with a continental network of innovation hubs.
Students or Start-ups
"Start-up" for start-up/developer teams with an idea/a prototype/a product while "Student" for non-students or general audience including corp members, undergraduates, freelancers or individual developers etc.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Fintech Associates Limited.