Akran Marketing is a private foundation that provides financial support, technical expertise, products and services to numerous charitable organizations through the "Akran Foundation." Represented by several business units operating across Canada and internationally, Akran wishes to leave a lasting legacy in the communities where it does business. To do so, it reserves 10% of its before-tax income annually for redistribution to non-profit organizations through its foundation.
• Organizes fundraisers via its employees in communities where Akran business units are located.
• Redistributes funds through donations made to qualified charitable organizations.
• Medium-term inalienable capital build-up to cover its operating costs through the performance of its investments.
3) FOCUS AREAS
The Akran Foundation pools the charitable efforts and resources of Akran Marketing, Akran employees, customers, the Akran supply chain and of other donors to benefit local and international communities and meet the foundation's objectives. Akran provides support through the Akran Foundation to help a wide range of charitable initiatives in various sectors focusing on:
4) DURATION OF COMMITMENT
The duration of the commitment for sponsorships and donations is usually limited based on a case-per-case basis.
5) GENERAL ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
• Their mission is to ensure the well-being of the community or a non-exclusive, specific group aligned with our objectives;
• The submitted project should correspond to the Akran Foundation's mission and priorities for action;
• The applicant must show effective financial governance with a representative board of directors predominantly made up of
• The applicant must be a qualified, registered charitable organization under the Income Tax Act (Canada) and must be able to
provide its charity registration number.
The following donation and sponsorship requests are ineligible for financial support from Akran Foundation at the provincial/national/International level:
• Projects that are religion and/or ethnicity based;
• Projects linked to a political party or candidate of a political party or interest group.
7) PROCESSING OF SPONSORSHIP AND DONATION APPLICATION
All completed applications must be submitted automatically by completing the form herein and pressing "Send Form" at the bottom of the application. Your application request will be sent to the grant awarding committee. Usually, applicants can expect an answer within four to eight weeks. To avoid rejection, please do not call or e-mail the Akran Foundation in relation to your application. The Akran Foundation receives numerous applications. Please trust your application will be reviewed based on the order received. Once a decision has been made, a response will be provided in writing.
Upon confirmation of acceptance, the applicant must provide an invoice for the set amount identified with the charity registration number assigned by Revenue Canada.
8) POLICY AND FURTHER INFORMATION
Akran Foundation's policy and additional information are available on the Akran Foundation website at:
The complete list of organizations receiving contributions from the Akran Foundation is private.