Thank you for your interest in joining MSO! Please review the following responsibilities and complete the following application to be considered for a position as an MSO Writer.
- Selecting a topic pertaining to the writer's field (i.e. Research, Health, etc.), and submitting a brief description of research topic on-time for approval
- Researching peer reviewed journals and other reliable sources on a particular topic in preparation for writing an article
- Writing the aforementioned research into articles utilizing plain language, or language that the general public is able to easily understand
- Finding images and captions to accompany said articles and formatting them into Wordpress
- Writing one article per publishing cycle (1.5 to 2 weeks) after both the topic and the visuals have been approved, and posting them to WordPress (note that we give a 1.5 to 1 week break after each cycle to rest our writers)
- Editing the article by collaborating with the editorial staff in preparation for publication.
- Time requirement: approximately 2-3 hrs/wk
Please note that if you would like to work on one of our new areas, mental health, technology, or futurism, please indicate this in your application.