1. You must have a Flickr account - all hive news/information/pictures are shared here.
2. You should have your own supply of 1" and 1.5" hexagons. If you want to use a different size in the block for your month, you need to supply the templates to the hive-mates. They will be returned at the end of the month with the constructed block.
3. If your block is made exclusively of hexagons, it should be limited to a finished size of between 8-9". If the block is a combination of piecing and hexies, it can be larger, but remember to keep construction time of the block in mind.
4. One to two weeks BEFORE the beginning of your hosting month, you should send each of your hive mates the instructions and fabric to construct one block. You can ask for people to stash bust but you should send at least the focal fabric and backgrounds. You will also need to put the information in the post for your month on Flickr.
5. Some patterns may not be conducive to sewing the hexagons down to something like a traditional block, so if you just have a configuration you want the hexagons in (rosette, star, snowflake, diamond) that is fine too just make sure you specify exactly what you want and show an example.