Causes of the Civil War - Events 14-20 submission
Your LAST Name
Your FIRST Name
Your class period
1. Which of the following authors wrote the book Uncle Tom's Cabin?
John C. Calhoon
Harriet Beecher Stow
2. Which of the following is true about Uncle Tom's Cabin?
the book was written in Spanish
the book was a best seller and read in the North, South, and even over seas
the book had no effect on the nation
the book canceled the Declaration of Independence
3. Which of the following was a result of Uncle Tom's Cabin?
Northerners began to support the Fugitive Slave Law
Northerners began to disobey the Fugitive Slave Law
the Southern states created their own county
Slavery was ended
4. Which of the following Senators was responsible for the Kansas-Nebraska Act?
John C. Calhoon
5. Popular Sovereignty meant that how would the issue of slavery be decided in Kansas?
Congress would decide slave or free
the Supreme Court would decide slave or free
the people in Kansas would vote for slave or free
the President would decide slave or free
6. What was the result of Popular Sovereignty in Kansas?
people in Kansas fought a mini Civil War slave vs. Free
Kansas entered the Union as a slave state
Kansas entered the Union as a Free state
Kansas became part of Mexico
7. As a result of the events in Kansas, what happened in the US Senate?
Millard Fillmore resigned
Henry Clay was elected president
Sumner was beaten with a cain
Daniel Webster moved to Kansas
8. Who was elected President in 1856?
9. What was the major result of the Dred Scott case?
slavery became illegal in the west
slavery became illegal in the south
slavery was abolished
slavery was deemed legal in all states North and South
10. Which of the following issues was debated in the Lincoln Douglas debates?
the Mexican War
the Dred Scott Decision
the annexation of Texas
the Gold Rush in California
11. Which of the following happened as a result of the Lincoln Douglas Debates?
Abraham Lincoln became president
Southerners began to dislike Stephen Douglas
Abraham Lincoln joined the Democrat Party
Stephen Douglas became an Abolitionist
12. In event #20 question two about the Lincoln Douglas Debates discussed the candidates appearance. Copy and paste your answer into the box below
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service