Code Corps Volunteer Criteria
- Have no expectation of future paid employment or contracts with the City of New York as a result of participating in this program as a volunteer.
- Assign at least one primary point-of-contact for all Code Corps communications. The designated representative will join the Code Corps list-serve and newsletter, and participate in Code Corps meetings led by DART.
- Vet and help select volunteers from within their organization who have technical skills and knowledge that match Code Corps project needs. Organizations will allow their volunteers to contribute an estimated 20 percent of their work time to Code Corps assignments.
- Agree to actively promote Code Corps to its members and employees.
- Allocate resources such as technical equipment, physical space, and other in-kind resources.
- Have experience in developing products or providing services for a large-scale audience.
- Have relevant experience with civil projects and/or crisis-based projects.
- Are based in New York City or have an office and staff in New York City.