Skeena Diversity offers year-round Free Tax Clinics for Newcomers / Immigrants with modest income and simple tax situation.
We are part of the Community Volunteer Income Tax Program (CVITP). A partnership between the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) and Skeena Diversity Society.
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY THE INFORMATION BELLOW
Steps to book an appointment:
1) Check your eligibility below
2) Fill this form;
3) Wait to be contacted;
4) Have your documents ready (in paper or electronically).
* Newcomer / Immigrant
* Have a modest income and simple tax situation.
Examples of "modest income and simple tax situation":
* Total family income of $35,000 (1 person), $45,000 (2 persons), $52,500 (5 persons).
* international students
NOT ELIGIBLE: self-employment income; business or rental income; foreign property, etc. We are not able to help you. This is considered a complex tax situation. More information here: https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency/services/tax/individuals/community-volunteer-income-tax-program/lend-a-hand-individuals/about.html
Example of documents and information you will need (in paper or electronically):
* One piece of ID (valid with picture): passport, driver’s license or care card, etc.
* SIN number
* T4 (Statement of Remuneration Paid)
* T4E, T4A if you received COVID-19 benefits
* T2202 (Students)
* Information about the spouse / common-in-law: Full name, date of birth, SIN.
If spouse is leaving outside of Canada: income on the country he/she is living.
* Dependents information (ex: children): Full name, date of birth, SIN
* Donations receipts (if applicable)
* First time doing taxes: income earned while outside of Canada on the year you arrived.
If you have any questions or need assistance to fill this form please contact us at email@example.com
Skeena Diversity Society
Centre: 4617 Lazelle Ave.., Terrace, BC V8G 1S3
Personal Information Collection
All personal information collected by Skeena Diversity Society is for the use of authorized staff only. It will be kept confidential. It will not be shared with its members or any other external businesses or organizations without your permission.