Instruction Beyond Tier 1
Date: October 3, November 21, January 9, February 13, March 19, & May 7
Event Location: COOR ISD Board Room
Contact us at
SCECHs will be offered for this event at NO COST. If you are interested in earning SCECHs, please bring your PIC number to complete the registration form during the training.
The purpose of this series is to have an ongoing dialogue within our community about how to support children who are struggling with reading despite various interventions within the Tier 1, Tier 2 or Tier 3 environment. Digging into the Cognitive Model of Reading (McKenna & Stahl, 2015), The DRIVE Model (Cartwright & Duke, 2019) and the Essential Instructional Practices, we will meet to:
• unpack and discuss the components of the Cognitive Model of Reading Pathways (Automatic Word Recognition, Oral Language Comprehension, and Strategic Knowledge)and their contribution to student achievement in literacy
• learn about and discuss the DRIVE Model as a metaphor to demonstrate the working parts of the reading process
• analyze student data to determine areas of instructional need
• Use a "follow-the-student" approach to authentically apply and process the Cognitive Model of Reading and the DRIVE Model
• Receive and create resources throughout the process that will support you in your day-to-day teaching
Attendance is expected for all sessions of this series. Please indicate any sessions you are unable to attend:
October 3, 2019
November 21, 2019
January 9, 2020
February 13, 2020
March 19, 2020
May 7, 2020
Cell Phone Number (in case of last-minute communications ie. weather cancellations)
Charlton Heston Academy
Crawford AuSable School District
Fairview Area Schools
Houghton Lake Community Schools
Mio AuSable Schools
Roscommon Area Public Schools
West Branch Rose City Area Schools
Primary Grade Level
Please list any dietary restrictions
A copy of your responses will be emailed to the address you provided.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of C.O.O.R. Intermediate School District.
Terms of Service