A Gift of Magic Book Quiz
We ask the first three questions to add high-scoring quiz-takers to the Hall of Fame. We will not publish last names online to protect student privacy.
If you are a parent or teacher, please enter "adult." You are welcome to quiz with us, but ineligible for the Hall of Fame.
City and State, Province, or Country
1) How do Kirby and Brendan view Nancy’s ESP at the beginning of the book?
They are jealous that she has such a unique ability
They see it as a regular part of their sister
Kirby is embarrassed by it; Brendan shows off about it
They feel proud and lucky to be related to her because of it
2) Which of the following is NOT true about Nancy in this book?
Her grandmother gave her the gift of extra-sensory perception
She is very close to her sister Kirby
She struggles with piano lessons
She sees Mr. Duncan as a threat to her family
She gives the gift of ESP to her young sister
3) Brendan and Greg first become friends right after . . .
Nancy’s ESP test with Mr. Duncan and Greg’s father, Dr. Russon
They get into a fist-fight outside the principal’s office
They discover they both love boats
They discover they both hate piano lessons
4) Nancy thinks Miss Green does not like her because . . .
Miss Green thinks Nancy will behave badly like Brendan
Miss Green has a long standing grudge with Nancy’s mother
Kirby and Nancy accidentally damaged her car
Miss Green is insulted that a younger student can keep up with the class work
5) Why does Kirby decide to be nice to Arlene White?
Kirby thinks she will get better dance parts if they become friends
Kirby is angry at Nancy and knows Nancy doesn’t like Arlene
Kirby feels sorry for Arlene, because she is not as talented as Kirby
Madame Vilar tells Kirby she needs to show more compassion to Arlene
6) Why do Nancy’s parents decide to get a divorce?
Elizabeth’s mother never liked Richard
Tom Duncan confesses he’s always loved Elizabeth
Elizabeth loves staying at home and Richard loves adventure
They argue constantly about money
7) Which of the following best describes what happens after Kirby’s accident?
Kirby feels sorry for herself, but then she makes an effort to be positive
Kirby wants Nancy to teach her about ESP
Kirby takes piano lessons, and then plays piano at the dance studio
Kirby gives up dancing because she decides she cares more about school
8) Which adjective and character do NOT match the book?
Mr. Duncan: reliable
9) What happens when Nancy takes Dr. Russo’s test?
She gets the answers wrong on purpose
Miss Green accuses her of cheating at the cards
Mr. Duncan insists she apply to a special program to develop her gift
She causes a car accident because she is so frustrated
10) The point of view in this book (excluding the prologue and epilogue) . . .
Is told through Nancy
Alternates between Nancy and Kirby
Revolves between Nancy, Kirby, and Brendan
Is told through Madame Vilar
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service