The Advocacy Cadre will run a Zoom Advocacy Hotline, where Reps and other members can get immediate answers to questions about the contract and support to resolve problems in their buildings. In addition, the Advocacy Cadre will provide support with Rep Training, answering member emails to AskPAT@oregoned.org
, and creating materials to help members better understand contract issues.Goals for PAT:
Cadre Members Commit to:
- Build capacity among members to enforce our contract, support member rights, and organize and problem solve in buildings;
- Develop leadership within PAT that represents the diversity of our membership demographics and workforce positions;
- Create a pathway toward UniServ Consultant work for interested members.
- A minimum of 2 days Advocacy Training in Summer (paid at OEA cadre rate of $33/hr) August 14-15. (This will be held either live, or remotely, depending on safety recommendations at that time.)
- 1 Hotline shift a week, during the school year, Mondays, 4:30-6:30 at PAT (paid at OEA cadre rate). In addition to answering the hotline, this time may include ongoing training and other advocacy work with Uniserv Consultants.
- 3.5 hours/half day up to twice a month to follow up on unresolved member needs from the Hotline shift (release time can be provided).
- This is a minimum 1-year opportunity and commitment, paid at the OEA cadre-rate.
- Additional dates may be added depending on need.