Event registration - FUNDING EUROPEAN DIGITAL MEDIA: OPPORTUNITIES IN THE DSA AND DMA
European media face major challenges in the online space, ranging from disinformation and free speech to monetisation and fair competition with global platforms.
Ensuring good conditions for sustainable and independent media, and for the funding of quality content, has become a question of digital, democratic and cultural sovereignty.
More recently, the COVID19 pandemic also hit the media sector particularly hard, with news
publishers and radios suffering sharp drops in revenues which have put business models at risk.
What can the DSA and DMA proposals do to support European media companies in ensuring that they can reap the benefit of their content in open, fair, transparent and inclusive markets?
During this virtual event, media professionals and policy-makers will explore online news content monetization, viable business models for the future of the media, and how the DSA and DMA can support digital journalism.
• Introductions by Wout van Wijk (Executive Director at News Media Europe)
• Keynote by Alexander Fanta (Journalist at Netzpolitik.org)
• Panel debate
- MEP Dace Melbarde (Vice-Chair of CULT, ECR/LV)
- Séverine Fautrelle (Counselor to the French Minister of Culture)
- Ricardo Castanheira (Counselor at Representation of Portugal to the EU)
- panellist TBC
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of News Media Europe.