Request Form for Career and Academic Pathways (CAP): Guided Pathways
Process for a Proposed New Program Request
1. Complete the following form to request a CAP for the new program. A Guided Pathways Facilitator will respond with the result of the request within one week. If you wish to request more than one CAP, please complete one form per request.
2. Complete an academic map for the new program. Email
for the academic map template. Return the completed template to the same email address for map approval.
3. With an approved CAP assignment and completed map, the new proposed program can advance to the Curriculum Committee.
4. When all approvals are complete, the program will be listed in the CAP in the next map update cycle.
Process for Multiple Listing Request for an existing program
1. Complete the following form to request an additional CAP for an existing program. A Guided Pathways Facilitator will respond with the result of the request within one week.
2. Confirm that the academic map for the program is current. Email
to get the most current version of the program map. If changes are necessary, return the completed template to the same email address for map approval.
3. With an approved CAP assignment and completed map, the program will be listed in the CAP in the next map update cycle.
Requestor's Name and Email Address
Administration of Justice and Public Safety
Visual and Performing Arts
Social and Behavioral Sciences
Exploratory and Preparation
Language and Communication
Date of submission
WRITTEN REQUEST: Please provide a 1-2 paragraph rationale for the program’s alignment in the requested CAP. Reference the CAP clusters for CAP names and allocated programs.
CAREER AND OCCUPATION ANALYSIS: Referencing the requested CAP cluster and its allocated programs, analyze the career opportunities and occupations closely related to this program and provide a 1-2 paragraph description. Alignment with university programming may be included.
A Guided Pathways Facilitator will respond with the result of the request within one week.
The CAP Approval Process
Approved by Academic Senate Executive Committee on July 24, 2019
Any department proposing to create a new program shall request the program to be listed in a specific CAP (Career and Academic Pathway) cluster. The initial decision will be reviewed by the Guided Pathways Facilitators and evaluated with the Design Principles of Guided Pathways in mind.
Basis for initial listing of new program into a meta major cluster
I. A written request with rationale from the department.
II. Rationale of career opportunities in the department and how they relate to the occupations related to each requested cluster. Alignment with university programming may be included
Assess after implementation
I. Support from student input, either from a focus group or student survey.
II. Course taking analysis between the department and the proposed additional cluster(s).
III. Schedule analysis between the department and the proposed additional cluster(s).
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service