Consent form for COVID-19 testing in secondary schools and colleges
This consent form is for participation in the governments 'lateral flow' testing programme in schools designed to detect asymptomatic coronavirus cases. Anyone experiencing symptoms should follow government guidelines to self-isolate, even if they have had a recent negative lateral flow test.
Those taking the test will be supervised by trained staff. The lateral flow tests are quick and easy using a swab of your nose and throat. For under-18s, staff can oversee the swab process.
Results take around half an hour from testing and will be shared directly with the email address and phone number submitted through this form.
The Government has shared information with us from Oxford University and Public Health England, which have indicated the tests are as accurate in identifying a case as a ‘PCR test’ (99.68% specificity). The tests have lower sensitivity but are considered better at picking up cases when a person has higher viral load, hence the need to test frequently. Testing will be offered free of charge.
Consent relates to the following groups of students/pupils and staff as follows:
For pupils and students younger than 16 years - this form must be completed by the parent or legal guardian. Please complete one consent form for each child you wish to participate in testing.
Pupils and students over 16 who are able to provide informed consent - can complete this form themselves, having discussed participation with their parent / guardian if under 18.
For any pupil or student who does not have the capacity to provide informed consent - this form must be completed by the parent or legal guardian. Please complete one consent form for each child you wish to participate in testing.
Staff will complete this form themselves.
Terms of consent
1. I have had the opportunity to consider the information provided by the school/college about the testing including the privacy notices (links can be found below) and asking questions and have had these answered satisfactorily.
2. In the case of under 16s, I have discussed the testing with my child and my child is happy to participate. If on the day of testing they do not wish to take part, then they will not be made to do so and consent can be withdrawn at any time ahead of the test.
3. I consent to having / my child having a nose and throat swab for lateral flow tests. I / my child will self-swab if I / my child is able to otherwise I understand that assistance is available. In the case of under 16s or pupils who are not able to provide informed consent, I have discussed the testing with my child and they are happy to participate and self-swab (with assistance if required).
4. I understand that there may be multiple tests required and this consent covers all tests for the below named person. If, on the day of testing I / they do not wish to take part, then I understand I / they will not be made to do so and that consent can be withdrawn at any time ahead of the test.
5. I consent that my / my child’s sample(s) will be tested for the presence of COVID-19.
6. I understand that if my /my child’s result(s) are negative on the lateral flow test I will not be contacted by the school/college except where I am / they are a close contact of a confirmed positive.
7. If the lateral flow test indicates the presence of COVID-19, I consent to having / my child having a nose and throat swab for confirmatory PCR testing. I/they will follow the instructions on the PCR Kit to return the test the same day to an NHS Test & Trace laboratory.
8. If the lateral flow test indicates the presence of COVID-19, I commit to ensuring that I / my child is removed from school premises as promptly as possible, bearing in mind I / they may have some anxiety following a positive test result.
9. I consent that I / they will need to self-isolate following a positive lateral flow test result, until the results of the confirmatory PCR have been received.
10. I agree that if my / my child’s test results are confirmed to be positive from this PCR test, I will report this to the school / college and I understand that I/ my child will be required to self-isolate following public health advice.
11. I consent that if a close contact of my child tests positive but I / my child has tested negative, I / they will continue to attend school / college but will be tested every day at school / college for 7 days.
12. I consent that the email address and mobile phone number provided can be used to register and used to send the results of the test.
Student 's number'
This is the number from the username that students use to access Google Classroom, if you ask your child they will know it. Their username is in the format "
" where the number changes. Please enter just the number.
Year Group (if applicable)
Do you consent for your child to be tested?
If yes, you will be directed for further information
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Outwood.