Go Kids Go! 2019
This project was set up in 2012 by Weston Lions Club and the Weston Mercury.
Its mission is to provide financial support to organisations and individuals which promote activity in people under the age of 18.
This year we are prepared to allow grants of up to £2,000.
We are pleased that, at this stage, we have funding promises from:
Weston-super-Mare Lions Club, the Weston, Worle & Somerset Mercury, The Grand Pier, Hobbs and Webb,
Crosville Motor Services, McDonalds, the Howard Group, the Mead Group, Worle Century Club Trustees,
A Squared Technologies, Weston College and Nightingales.
We are hopeful that Weston Town Council will vote to support us again this year. We are also approaching other potential sponsors to increase the fund.
Our mission is to make a positive change to the lives of children and young people in this area. We need to ensure all
the projects we fund help us to achieve this.
Your application will be judged by a panel drawn from our sponsors.
Please read these guidelines to ensure a grant from Go Kids Go! is appropriate for your needs.
We will only consider giving grants under the following terms and conditions:
• Your organisation and project must be based within postcodes BS22, 23, 24, 25 or 29.
• You must be a registered club, charity or other not-for-profit organisation, set up to encourage activity in
Applications fall under two categories:
b) Other (Theatre or drama groups, music groups, scouts and girl guiding groups, youth clubs, gardening clubs
community clubs or other organisations which promote activity and social interaction in children.)
The deadline for applications is 9am on July 18, 2018. Applications received after the closing date cannot, unfortunately, be considered.
Our focus is firmly on children and young people. We will examine grant applications from organisations that
encourage young people to get involved in sporting, cultural and community activities, where additional funds will
improve the facilities for those taking part.
Examples of grants which have been successful are:
• New training equipment.
• Kit, tools, shirts, balls, bats etc.
• Playground equipment.
We will not consider grants for:
• Relief of statutory responsibility.
• Applications from local government (except school associated) or NHS bodies.
• The promotion of religion.
• Medical treatment/research.
• Bursaries, sponsored places, fees or equivalent.
• General appeals or endowment funds.
• Deficit funding or repayment of loans.
Making your application:
Application forms can be downloaded from
. They can also be collected from the Mercury office, in 32 Waterloo Street.
• If some questions do not apply, put N/A (not applicable) but do not leave any section blank.
• You can submit additional information with your application form, if you think it helpful.
• The adjudicators’ decision will be final. No correspondence will be entered into about their decision.
• Please note that previous Go Kids Go! applicants are eligible to enter this year.
**PLEASE NOTE WHEN COMPLETING THIS FORM YOU MUST RIGHT SOMETHING IN EACH CATEGORY. IF IT DOES NOT APPLY, PLEASE WRITE N/A**
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service