Some important notes:
- We don't expect to make money doing this. Our primary venue is donated space and admission to those shows will be free. (People will be encouraged to buy drinks.)
- Podcasts WILL be allowed to sell merch in the primary venue.
- We will print up posters and postcards again this year and give some to all the shows participating, but nobody can do a better job promoting and getting your show's audience to come out and see you than you. We must all be our own best hype machines.
- Our primary venue is more intimate than last years and probably won't have video projection. Just a heads up.
- We will try to raise some money somehow, possibly just through donations, to help Adam Carolla with the defense of podcasting in his fight against patent trolls. More info on that here: http://fundanything.com/en/campaigns/patenttroll
- Assuming we have more applications than we have time slots in our primary venue, we expect to make some tough programming choices. We're going to lean hard towards variety and towards local shows that can bring out an audience. (Then again, if fifty comedy podcasts or fifty cooking podcasts can secure their own venues we'll support those shows however we can and the festival will skew towards comedy or cooking or animal husbandry or whatever.)
That's all for now, but we're really looking forward to meeting you. (If we don't already know you.)
Fill out this application with your particulars and we'll be in touch. Follow The Philadelphia Podcast Festival and Philadelphia Podcasting Society on Twitter for more updates.