• No GPA requirement.
• Must keep an open line of communication either through FB, email, or text to other Leaders
• Must attend all leaders meetings, but you are allowed to miss only two of these meetings & Must attend at least 3 general meetings PER semester and all IJM at UAB events [Both general and leaders meetings will be bi-weekly. ]
• Must have a passion for ending injustice
• Act as a liaison to the university, to other Campus Chapters, and to other student organizations on UAB
• Keeps in contact with our Chapter Advisor
• Lead, coordinate, and oversee the activities of the Student Chapter
• Monitor the use of funds used for activities and events
• Leads the Leaders meetings
o Assists the president in the development, implementation, and evaluation of the vision and goals set out for the Chapter
o Leads general meetings
o Acts as a point of contact for all Coordinators
o Records minutes at all meetings to post meetings and post them to the designated locations
o Manages list serve of Chapter members and their emails
o Makes reservations for places on campus through Book It and Bsync
o Other administrative duties may be assigned by either President or Vice-President
o Develops the Chapter budget, including the budget items for any IJM signature events
o Works along with the President, Vice President, and other coordinators on strategies for fundraising
o Operates in full understanding of the principle of biblical stewardship and is able to teach others about stewardship
o Will attend USGA budget hearings both in the Fall and Spring semesters
o Lead prayer during meetings
o Coordinates prayer events on campus
o Leads small group that feature discussions and biblical scriptures focused on justice
Awareness & Outreach Coordinators:
o coordinate awareness and advocacy events for the Campus Chapter, university, and the Birmingham community, also writing op-eds for events if needed
o responsible for speaking at informative engagements in absence of the President and Vice-President
o find volunteer opportunities for students that relates to injustice and serves as the volunteer point of contact for any IJM at UAB event
Publicity & Fundraising Coordinators:
• Assist the President and Treasurer in managing financial account & coordinate fundraising projects to raise money for International Justice Mission, the IJM Campus Chapter at UAB, and local nonprofits who focus on social justice.
• Develop and implement methods to raise funds for IJM and the IJM Campus Chapter (this can be done through special events, special offerings, and budget line-item gifts).
• Oversee, coordinate and implement advertising and public relations efforts for Chapter activities, including posting of flyers around campus, creating press releases, and sending out newsletters on a biweekly basis AND for recruitment, including UAB Days and New Student Orientation.
• Work with Awareness and Outreach Coordinators on releasing educational material to post around campus to keep the organization relevant