Plant diversity; bryophytes; pteridophytes V2
1. Which adaptation do all land plants have, that helped make the transition to land?
2. Which of the following statements about ALL land plants is generally TRUE? select all that apply
Plants contain chrolophyll
Plants are autotrphic
Plants are multicellular
Plants exhibit an alternation of generations
3. A sporophyte DOES NOT produce _________ in pteridophytes? check all that apply
4. Which of the following structures are found in bryophytes?
5. Which is true of pteridophytes?
pollen is carried from the antheridia to the archegonia
The sporophyte is dominant.
Wind carries their sperm to eggs.
They include the liverworts.
6. The diagram below represents the unique life cycle of all members of the kingdom plantae. What is it called?
alternation of generations
plant kingdom life cycle
8. Refer to the diagram below to answer the question. Which letter represents fertilization?
none of the above
9. What do the charophytes and modern plants have in common? (shared characteristics)
They both contain vascular tissue
They both have cell walls and chlorophyll and perform photosynthesis
they both have xylem and phloem
They both have roots, stems, and leaves.
10. In the general bryophyte lifecycle illustrated in the diagram below, structure A undergoes mitosis, becoming structure B. B is best described as
11. Which of the following is (are) found in pteridoyphytes, but NOT in bryophytes _____________________ select ALL that apply
12. In bryophytes, the dominant generation is the_________.
13. What is the function of the archegonia?
to produce sperm
to carry out asexual reproduction
to produce eggs
to absorb minerals and water
15. Which of these are vascular plants are classified as bryophytes. Select all that apply
18. Vascular tissues of plants include _____.
xylem for conducting (moving) water and minerals, and phloem for conducting dissolved organic molecules, like sugars
lignin for conducting organic molecules, and phloem for conducting sugars
phloem for conducting water and minerals, and lignin for conducing organic molecules
xylem for conducting organic molecules, and phloem for conducting water and minerals
20. Using the figure below, which letter is pointing to the diploid sporophyte?
21. Using the figure below, letter B is pointing to the __________?
gametes (either sperm or egg)
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service