I propose a Holiday Secret Swap (think: non-denominational Secret Santa) so we can spread around our homemade goods and holiday cheer.
1) Submit your information to this form before <b>November 25th, 2011</b>. Make sure you're very clear about allergies and dietary restrictions! <b> Spread the word</b> and let your favorite Food52-ers to join up as well.
2) After November 25th I will send you the name and address of your random Swapee. <i>If you haven't been contacted by the 30th, email me. </i>
3) Prepare a Holiday package for your Swapee. Think of all the possibilites! Homemade is ideal (you like to cook, right?) but really the goal is to send someone a little bit of holiday joy in whatever way you know how (and maybe even start a new friendship?). Maybe your Swapee's profile will give you some clues about what his or her favorite treats are or maybe you know your fruit cake will knock their socks off. Be creative! Also, keep in mind that some items will survive shipping better than others. Package them well!
4) Drop your package in the mail by <b>December 12th</b> and wait impatiently.
5) Get a package in the mail from your Secret Swapper (who will be different from your Swapee), take pictures (we'll see if we can do some sort of highlights of the most in-the-spirit packages) and remember to thank them if they have sent along their name! <i>Let me know if you haven't received a package by January 1st so we can track down what happened.</i>
Remember: this will only work if we all follow these guidelines. Please send a gift if you promise to do so and don't leave a Food52er hanging! (We will find out...)
Let me (enbe/Noelle) know if you have any questions, concerns or suggestions via PM or email@example.com.
Note: I will not share your information with ANYONE and will delete it as soon as the swap is complete.
Thanks for participating and I hope this is a success!
<b>For Food52-ers outside the US:</b> we'll take you too! It's going to be a little trickier to organize but I will either try to pair you with someone else in your country (if there are >2 of you) or will ask the Swapper who gets you if they feel comfortable/have the means to ship out of the US. If you have a preference (ie: want to ship outside your country or only be included if you can ship within your country) let me know.