* This application form is the first step towards winning the Team Archie Clipper Race Bursary
* The deadline for receipt of applications is Friday 26th October 2018.
* From all applications received, a shortlist will be chosen for interview.
* Interviews will take place in the UK in November 2018, with the interview panel consisting of representatives from Team Archie and Clipper Ventures.
* Depending on the outcome of the interviews, it is possible that two candidates may be invited to undertake the first week of the training programme. Following this, based on a debrief with each candidate and feedback from the training skipper, a successful candidate will be chosen to complete the training programme and participate in the race leg.
* The successful candidate(s) will be required to contract directly with Clipper Ventures, and to abide by all rules imposed by them. Copies of legal documentation, contracts, disclaimers etc. will be made available by Clipper Ventures at the interview stage.
In selecting candidates for this bursary, Team Archie will be looking for people who:
* are aged between 18 (as at the date of their participation in the race) and 24;
* ideally have some experience of sailing, even if limited;
* can demonstrate why they are deserving of this bursary award;
* can show the right personal qualities, a determination to make the most of themselves, and demonstrate that seizing this opportunity will provide a stepping stone towards making the most of their lives in the future;
* are available to undertake the four weeks’ compulsory training between now and race participation, and available to participate in either Leg 1 or Leg 8 on the dates indicated;
* are prepared to raise additional funds (c.£750 - £1,000) themselves to help cover certain additional costs (personal insurance; travel to and from the interview, training and race stopovers as necessary; additional personal kit, etc.);
* are willing to be actively involved in Team Archie on their return by helping to mentor other young people who the charity chooses to support in the future.
· Any questions about this Bursary or the application process should be addressed to Team Archie at firstname.lastname@example.org
GOOD LUCK. WE’RE EXCITED ABOUT RECEIVING YOUR APPLICATION FOR THIS LIFE-CHANGING OPPORTUNITY!
In May 2018 the laws around data protection are changing, affecting the rules on data capture, storage and processing. As supporters of team Archie, we hold and use your data in the form of your name, email address and in some cases postal address. The charity office acts as the data controller in this regard.
Why we ask for your personal information and how we collect it
We hold your name, email address, telephone number, possibly safely encrypted debit or credit card details and also possibly a postal address for the purpose of distributing updates and invitations to attend events or support fundraisers and other periodic updates on our charity activities and special events. We may also require Gift Aid or administrative information and may use the data we hold for such purposes. By supporting fundraisers, attending events, signing up for newsletters etc you are consenting to us holding your information so that we can ensure you are kept informed about team Archie news and events. You can unsubscribe from our database at any time by contacting us or clicking on the unsubscribe link on the website.
Who is your data shared with
We will never sell or otherwise share your data with third parties or use it for anything other than keeping you up-to-date with team Archie news and running of our charity events. The only exception may be if we are required by law enforcement or government agencies to disclose information (e.g. with HMRC re. Gift Aid)
How we store your information
The personal information you consent to give us is stored on a database on the team Archie server which can only be accessed by the team Archie office staff and Trustees. The server is a secure system and is fully compliant with GDPR. This server itself is backed up to icloud storage which uses robust encryption systems which are also compliant with GDPR.
You have the right to see the information that we hold on you at any time, by submitting a Subject Access Request (SAR) in writing by contacting the Office at the address below. You may also request to opt out or have your details deleted from the database at any time, either by contacting the team Archie Office as below or by clinking the unsubscribe link on any correspondence emanating from team Archie.
Our website may include links to websites run by other organisations. TeamArchie is not responsible for the privacy practices of these other websites so you should read their privacy policies carefully.
If your personal details change, please help us to keep your information up to date by notifying us at the address below. If we change the terms of this privacy statement, we will publish the updated version on our website.
The Archie Lloyd Charitable Foundation (TeamArchie)
Sharcott Manor, Sharcott, Pewsey, Wiltshire SN9 5PA
T: 01672 700117