Home based Girls Inc. Programming
Girls Inc. of Northern Alberta is offering home-based learning for girls throughout the Wood Buffalo Region.
Through phone calls, materials and supply kits, one on one check-ins, self-directed learning adventures, and intentional and engaging online learning options, we want to bring the Girls Inc. experience into each and every home of the girls in our community.
We are offering girls a safe space to be themselves and discover their strengths is part of Girls Inc.'s vision and we are excited to continue connecting with girls in a safe and enjoyable manner.
For the time being, we are offering six different programs: FriendlyPEER, Girls Too, Power of Stories, Mind + Body, Mentoring, and Operation SMART.
Once you have registered through this form we will be able to send you a link to a Zoom Meeting. Zoom is an online platform that doesn't require you to make an account to participate in meetings. It is private so no one but the people who receive the link will be able to join.
We know this important for Girls Inc. and participants as it still offers a safe environment for the girls.
The schedule is subject to change based on input from our participants and the rapid changes of Girls Inc. operation due to COVID-19.
Programming will start September 14. Registration is ongoing.
Participants will be divided into appropriate time slots based on age.
If you have more than one child and you'd like them to be in the same group please email:
We will consider in-person programming when further guidelines around outside of school extra curricular activities are available.
ONCE YOU HAVE REGISTERED YOU WILL RECEIVE AN UPDATED PROGRAM SCHEDULE!
Parent/ Guardian's Name
How old is your child?
What school does your child go to?
We do not have stable internet access or the technology to come to virtual meetings but we would like a program kit to do on our own
If you checked yes to above question please select what programs you'd like a kit to.
Power of Stories
Mind + Body
What programs do they want to participate in?
Power of Stories
Mind + Body
What community do you live in?
What is the best email to send the meeting links to?
What is your address for kit delivery
Parent/ Guardian Phone Number
Is your child going back to school?
The information below includes protocols when we resume in-person programming.
COMMITMENT TO PARENTS and PARTICIPANTS of GIRLS INC. OF NORTHERN ALBERTA (Commitment by Girls Inc.)
We, Girls Inc. of Northern Alberta, Commit to adhere to the following:
1. Follow Sector Guidance (Out of School Care and Outdoor Fitness Classes) by the Government of Alberta and orders by current Chief Medical Officer of Health, including:
a. Implementing practices to minimize the risk of transmission of infection among attendees;
b. Providing procedures for rapid response if an attendee develops symptoms of illness;
c. Ensuring that attendees maintain high levels of sanitation and personal hygiene before, during and after programming;
d. Comply, to the extent possible, with the COVID-19 General Relaunch Guidance any other applicable Alberta Health Services guidance found at:
e. Continue to actively monitor Alberta Health Services guidelines and adjust our commitment accordingly when new guidance or directives are made available.
2. Maintain a maximum of 30 individuals per session (including staff and participants)
3. Comply with daily general health screenings for all staff using “Screening Questionnaire” (see Appendix B) before every shift and ensure staff will not to report to work if any of the answers to the questionnaire are answered ‘yes’
a. Anyone with symptoms of COVID-19 or who has travelled internationally or been in close contact with a confirmed or probable case of COVID-19 in the past 14 days will not be permitted to attend our facility or programming and shall take steps to self-isolate until the required 14 days has passed or said individual is able to produce negative COVID-19 test results.
4. Conduct the same Screening Questionnaire as seen at Appendix B for each participant and record the data upon signing-in/dropping-off
5. Make every possible effort to maintain 2m of physical distance amongst the participants by;
a. frequently reminding participants and staff of appropriate 2m distancing requirement and where possible set visible markers on the floor or otherwise to reinforce same;
b. hand washing; and
c. other personal hygiene habits such as cough or sneezing in their arm.
6. Wear non-medical masks during programing and disinfect/wash hands before and after each program.
7. Have hand sanitizer (with at least 60% alcohol) and disposable non-medical masks on site readily accessible to all participants and ensure to sanitize each participant’s hands before and after programing
8. Clean and disinfect the program facility/program equipment before and after program.
9. Allow sufficient time for participants to sign-in and sign-out to ensure that the safe physical distance protocols are maintained while cleaning/disinfecting any required areas/items
10. Prohibit the sharing of food, snacks and/or beverages between participants and staff
11. Close programing for a minimum of 72 hours if any participant, staff member and/ or volunteer is connected to a confirmed or probable case of COVID-19 and adhere to recommendations from Alberta Health Services
12. Avoid activities that require clustering around a particular item or area. Avoid where possible cheering, singing, hand shaking, high-fives etc.
13. Require any staff who tests positive to quarantine at home for a minimum of 14 days and follow recommendations from Alberta Health Services
a. To support public health contact tracing efforts, we will maintain lists of the names and contact information of all onsite Girls Inc. staff and volunteers
14. Clean and sanitize the office daily
15. Immediately isolate any child(ren) who display symptoms of COVID-19 and contact their parent/guardian within 30 minutes.
a. Require hand hygiene and masking of the symptomatic individual
b. Cleaning and disinfecting all surfaces that the symptomatic individual may have contacted
c. Ensure safe transport of the symptomatic individual to the respective household for isolation
d. Call 911 immediately, should the symptoms become severe such as difficulty breathing
WAIVER OF LIABILITY AND INDEMNITY AND ASSUMPTION OF RISK ("WAIVER")
ATTENTION: BY SIGNING THIS LEGAL DOCUMENT, YOU WAIVE CERTAIN LEGAL RIGHTS INCLUDING THE RIGHT TO SUE. PLEASE READ CAREFULLY.
ATTENTION: BY SIGNING THIS LEGAL DOCUMENT, YOU CONFIRM YOU WILL ADHERE TO THE PROCEDURES AND PRACTICES CONTAINED HEREIN TO REDUCE / PREVENT THE SPREAD OF COVID-19
In consideration of being permitted by Girls Inc of Northern Alberta (hereinafter “Girls Inc”) to participate in its activities and to use its programs, equipment and facilities, now and in the future, I hereby agree to release, indemnify and discharge Girls Inc., its agents, owners, directors, partners, employees, managers, volunteers, manufacturers, lessors, affiliates, subsidiaries, related and affiliated entities, successors and assign (the “RELEASED PARTIES”) of my own behalf, and on my behalf of my spouse, children, heirs, assigns, personal representatives and estate as follows:
1. ASSUMPTION OF RISK: I acknowledge and fully understand that my child(ren)’s use or participation in Girls Inc. of Northern Alberta (“Girls Inc.”) programming may put them at risk of contracting COVID-19. I expressly and voluntarily agree to accept and assume all risk and danger of contracting COVID-19 that may result from such use or participation, including all associated risks.
2. RELEASE FROM LIABILITY: I hereby voluntarily release and forever discharge Girls Inc. from any and all claims, demands, or causes of action, which are in any way connected with or related to my child(ren)’s use or participation in Girls Inc. programming.
3. COVENANT NOT TO SUE. I agree that I will not sue or make claim against Girls Inc. for damages or other losses sustained in connection with my participation in Girls Inc. programming including but not limited to contracting COVID-19, injuries or damages caused by the negligence, breach of contract or other fault of Girls Inc.
4. INDEMNIFICATION AND HOLD HARMLESS. I agree to fully indemnify and hold harmless Girls Inc. for and against any loss, liability, damages, costs, and expenses suffered or incurred in connection with any claim related to my child(ren)’s use of Girls Inc. programming.
5. TERM. I acknowledge and agree that the above assumption of risk, release from liability, covenant not to sue, indemnity and hold harmless applies to my child(ren)’s use and participation in Girls Inc. programming and facilities on the date of this release and each and every participation and/or use by my child(ren) thereafter, and has the same effect as if executed before each and every participation and/or use.
6. JURISDICTION. I agree that any litigation involving the parties to this agreement shall be brought solely within the Province of Alberta and shall be governed by the laws of Alberta.
7. ENTIRE AGREEMENT. I acknowledge and agree that all of the terms and conditions of this RELEASE are set out herein in their entirety.
8. UNDERSTANDING. I HAVE READ THIS AGREEMENT AND FULLY UNDERSTAND THE CONTENTS OF THIS RELEASE AND HEREBY AGREE TO BE BOUND BY ITS TERMS. I UNDERSTAND THAT I HAVE GIVEN UP SUBSTANTIAL RIGHTS BY SIGNING IT, AND HAVE SIGNED IT FREELY AND WITHOUT ANY INDUCEMENT OR ASSURANCE OF ANY NATURE AND INTEND IT TO BE A COMPLETE AND UNCONDITIONAL RELEASE OF ALL LIABILITY TO THE GREATEST EXTENT ALLOWED BY LAW AND AGREE THAT IF ANY PORTION OF THE AGREEMENT IS HELD TO BE INVALID, THE BALANCE NOTWITHSTANDING SHALL CONTINUE IN FULL FORCE AND EFFECT.
I, as parent/guardian of my child, specifically acknowledge and agree with the above:
Parent/Guardian's (your) Name
Girls Inc. of Northern Alberta has an open and beneficial relationship with print, broadcast, and social media as a means of promoting and reporting on program activities. To permit this relationship to continue we require parental consent to publish a photo and/or video recording of your child as they participate in programming.
I hereby grant permission to Girls Inc. of Northern Alberta on behalf of , to have their work displayed and/or reproduced for non-profit, educational purposes.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Girls Inc of Northern Alberta.