In order to qualify for this one-time scholarship, students must be in the top 25% of their class as determined by grade point average of their senior year. In addition to class rank, members of the Rotary scholarship committee will be basing the selection of the scholarship winners on letters of recommendation from teachers, administrators, or employers, based upon exemplification of the Rotary International motto of “service above self,” leadership ability, volunteer activities, and a personal interview.
Congratulations on your scholastic achievements at Fenton High School. Please know that we look forward to considering your application for one of the Rotary scholarships.
By submitting an application for the Bensenville Rotary Club scholarship, you will also be considered for the Dr. Alf Logan Scholarship, which is based on exemplary leadership at Fenton High School.
All applicants must:
1. Be in the top 25% of their class as determined by grade point average as of the end of the first semester of their senior year.
2. Answer an essay question/self-analysis statement (see below).
3. Participate in community service activities such as volunteer work for elderly persons, persons with disabilities, local service organizations, and non-profit organizations.
4. Participate in extracurricular activities and school or community organizations.
5. Provide at least 2 letters of recommendation that address character and leadership ability from a community leader, employer, volunteer agency executive, teacher, or school administrator.
6. Demonstrate enrollment in a four year college or university or continuous enrollment in a four year academic program.
Forward your letter recommendation in one of the following formats:1. Email it to email@example.com. Provide a hard copy to Ms. McDougal in the counseling office3. Let her know which letter(s) from Naviance you would like her to use