GMS Title I Parent Survey 2019
Greenville Middle School is a Title I school and as the parent/guardian or family member of a child attending a Title I school, you are an important part of our team. Your input is vital in the planning and implementation of the parent and family engagement program and activities at GMS. The focus of all Title I programs is to help eligible students meet the same high academic achievement standards expected of all children, regardless of their socioeconomic status and background. The following survey is confidential and will be used to assist us with future planning for parent and family engagement activities and events at our school. We appreciate your feedback and thank you for taking the time to complete this survey.
1. The office staff are pleasant and make me feel welcome when I visit or call the school.
2. As a parent or community member, I feel comfortable talking with the teachers and administration about my concerns and suggestions.
3. How well do you feel that GMS provides parents and community members with communication about activities/programs/events happening at the school?
4. In what ways do you receive information about upcoming meetings/programs/activities happening at GMS? (Check all that apply)
Letters/flyers sent home by students
School website announcements
Social media sites (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram)
5. How often do you and your child's teachers communicate about what's happening in the classroom and about your child's academic progress?
Once or twice per nine weeks
Once or twice a semester
6. How often have you had the opportunity to visit with your child's teachers to discuss your child's progress throughout the year?
Not at all
Once per nine weeks
2 or 3 times per semester
7. Do you have difficulties with any of the following? (Check all that apply)
Understanding the school policies
How to get on the school website to get announcements and other school information
How to use the parent portal/Infinite Campus to check my child's progress and attendance
Getting school information in a timely manner
Communicating with my child(ren)'s teachers
8. How frequently do you participate or attend parent activities/programs?
Once every nine weeks
More than 3 times per year
9. What types of informational programs would you like the school to provide for parents? (Check all that apply)
Homework help workshop
Lunch and learn sessions
Family fun learning nights
Breakfast and school business meetings
Parent meetings with the principal
Coffee chat with the counselors
Helping my child with math
Helping my child with reading skills
Technology (Using the website and parent portal better)
10. School staff encourages parent and community members to give input and be involved with the decision making process. Did you participate in any of the following decision making opportunities? (Check all that apply)
Development of the School and Family Engagement Plan
Development of the Home School Compact
Parent Advisory Committee Meetings
School Council Meetings
Suggest how Parent and Family Engagement funds should be spent
Ministers and Community Leaders Monthly Meetings
School Improvement Plan
Parent Teacher Conferences
Building Staff Capacity (letting schools know what you as a parent need to help your child)
11. The Home School Compact outlines the responsibilities of the school, parents, and students in providing the best academic experience for students. Did the compact help you understand YOUR, your STUDENT, and the SCHOOL responsibilities?
Yes it was helpful.
No it was not helpful.
I have some suggestions and will give them to Mrs. Barnes, Family Coordinator
12. Our school is required to set aside 1% of the Title I money we receive for parental involvement activities to actively engage parents in the academic achievement of their children. How would you like to see the parental involvement funds used at GMS?
Parent Engagement Coordinator
Technology resources for students
Educational materials for parent use
13. The School Parent Engagement Plan outlines what Title I is and how our school can provide you and your child resources to support student academic achievement. Was this helpful and would you like to see any changes?
Yes it was helpful.
No it was not helpful.
I have some suggestions. I will give my suggestions to Mrs. Barnes, Family Coordinator.
14. What ways can the SCHOOL help YOU as a parent/guardian to help your child at home?
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Meriwether County School System.
Terms of Service