The Muskingum Valley Council of the Boy Scouts of America (BSA) is pleased to announce planning is under way for the 2017 Merit Badge College. The event will take place at:
Tri-Valley Middle School1360 Main StreetDresden, OH 43821
It will be held on the following Saturdays in 2017 from 8:30 AM to Noon:
• Saturday, February 4, 2017• Saturday, March 11, 2017• Saturday, May 13, 2017
The council is seeking Merit Badge Counselors (current or new) to assist as volunteers with the event. The theme of the event is “On Track to Eagle” and we hope to offer as many of the Eagle Required Merit Badges as the schedule and time will allow. However, counselors for non-Eagle Required Merit Badges are still encouraged and welcome to volunteer to help with the program’s diversity of offerings.
If you are a current Merit Badge Counselor or interested in becoming a Merit Badge Counselor in order to volunteer with this event, please complete the volunteer interest form below. Participation in Merit Badge College as a Counselor requires attendance at all three Saturday sessions, working with the Boy Scouts who sign-up to complete your badge for at least one, one-hour session during each Saturday (but possibly three, one-hour sessions depending on the popularity of your badge), preparation prior to and possibly in-between each Saturday as required to successfully guide your group of Boy Scouts to badge completion.
You will be contacted by the program coordinator, Victoria Beale, once your application is received. Victoria can also be reached at 740-624-1647 or via email at email@example.com .
For more information on both Eagle and non-Eagle Required Merit Badges, including badge specific requirement worksheets, please visit http://meritbadge.org/wiki/index.php/Main_Page.
There is no cost to become a Merit Badge Counselor Volunteer, but please note all volunteers must successfully complete the following before being approved:
• BSA Adult Volunteer Application http://www.scouting.org/filestore/pdf/524-501.pdf
• BSA Merit Badge Counselor Application http://www.scouting.org/filestore/pdf/34405.pdf
• BSA Adult Volunteer Background check
• Youth Protection Training (completed online – approximately 25 minutes long)
• Merit Badge Counselor Training (completed the first day of Merit Badge College – 25 minutes in length – training will occur before the first session)
Don’t wait – volunteer today to help shape our leaders of tomorrow!