NBMA Black Midwife Mentorship Program -- Student Midwife Mentee Application
Thank you for your interest in our mentorship program. The Black Midwife Mentorship Program will serve as a vital pulse in the National Black Midwife Alliance. We hope to nurture strong relationships between student midwives and their mentors while advancing the strong legacy of intergenerational learning in the midwifery community.
By connecting student midwives to knowledgeable and experienced midwife mentors, we hope to accomplish several goals:
1) Advance the midwifery model of care and facilitate the mentorship and engagement of aspiring Black midwives who plan to address health disparities in their work;
2) Provide students with strong lifelines to the profound wisdom and legacy of Black midwifery; and
3) Facilitate an intergenerational transfer of knowledge and skills where our elders have the opportunity to pass down their knowledge, instill important values, and celebrate their impact.
Application Deadline: May 1, 2020
All student midwives must fill out an application to be accepted into the program. Your responses will help us determine the best mentee-mentor match to support you in your midwifery journey.
As a part of the mentorship program, you will also have access to regular webinars where invited birth workers will present on a variety of topics pertinent to midwifery. These webinars will provide you opportunities to deepen your knowledge and awareness.
The next two webinars are scheduled to take place on November 5, 2018 and December 10, 2018. Upon acceptance to the program, you will receive communications with more details and updates.
1. Complete and submit this application.
2. Wait to be notified by email about our decision.
3. Follow directions in your acceptance letter to register as a student midwife member of NBMA. (Student membership dues are $25 per year.)
4. If you have questions about this process, please feel free to contact us at
When you are ready to complete the application, please record your email address below and continue to the next page to begin.
We look forward to welcoming you as an NBMA mentee!
Page 1 of 4
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service