This event is an excellent opportunity for university students who are interested in being part of a top-quality event that engages nearly 200 middle school students from all over Southern Ontario. If you love teaching and working with children, have great teamwork and leadership skills, and are passionate about STEM, this is an amazing opportunity for you!
VOLUNTEERS: Primary tasks will include:
● Setting up for the event (eg. organizing classrooms for the event, setting up banners and signage, preparing IT, organizing food, preparing for judging, etc.)
● Helping to ensure that the event runs smoothly, taking on tasks as they come, problem solving and doing team work throughout!
● Engaging with children throughout, ensuring they are well oriented and enjoying the competition.
● Ensuring a smooth execution of the judging period and Closing Ceremony.
● Helping to clean up after the event and ensuring that the space being used is left as we found it.
REGISTRATION DEADLINE: December 30, 2017
DATE OF EVENT: One-time event → January 27th , 2018
TIME: 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM
LOCATION: McMaster University
TRAINING: Must attend a mandatory information session that will take place at the beginning of January 2018. More information will be provided closer to the event date.