All vehicles on school property may be searched by the school administration or law enforcement officials upon reasonable suspicion of illegal activity or concern for safety. Students’ vehicles parked on school property are subject to routine patrol and school officials may look through vehicle windows for any contraband lying in plain view.
Tippecanoe High School has a limited number of student parking spaces available. Allotted spaces will be awarded through a process determined by school administration. To be considered for parking privileges, students must submit an online Parking Permit Application, by the announced deadline and show a valid driver’s licence at the time of purchase. Application forms must be submitted prior to August 26th in order to participate in the lottery. Applications submitted after August 26th will receive parking spaces on a first come first serve basis.
1. Violation of any driving and/or parking regulation may result in the revocation of the student’s parking privileges and additional administrative consequences. Parking privileges may also be revoked if the car is used to violate a school rule (such as leaving the school property during the school day). If a student loses his/her parking privileges there will be no refund.
2. Students receiving permission to park in the student parking lot are issued a parking hangtag. The hangtag must be placed on the rear view mirror; failure to do so may result in administrative consequences. Parking hangtags are not transferable. Students found forging, sharing (without administrative approval) or selling parking hangtags, will be denied parking privileges for the balance of the school year and are subject to other disciplinary action.
3. Students who falsify information on the Parking Pass Application will have their hangtags revoked without refund.
4. Hangtags are valid for the entire school year.
5. Student parking is permitted only in the student lot. Students who do not have a hangtag are not permitted to park on school property during the school day. Students who violate this rule will be subject to disciplinary measures.
6. Tippecanoe High School is not liable for any loss or damage to vehicles parked on district property. Vehicles must be parked and locked upon arrival to school. Students are advised not to leave anything of value in their cars.
7. Students are not permitted to return to their vehicles during the school day without permission from school administration.
8. Students are not permitted to loiter in the parking lots at any time.