2020 NNETESOL Call for Proposals
Northern New England Teachers of English to Speakers of Other Languages (NNETESOL) is an affiliate of TESOL International. Our mission is to promote effective teaching and learning of English Language Learners in Maine, New Hampshire, and Vermont. The conference provides professional development, as well as an opportunity for social and intellectual interaction among people involved in teaching English to speakers of other languages.
Fall 2020 Conference
Saturday, November 7, 2020
Fully Virtual Conference on ZOOM*
*Although we will be able to offer some technical support, please be prepared to deliver your presentation via Zoom.
The proposal period is from July 1st through August 1st. All proposals must be received by August 1st.
Topics of interest to our audience include: K-12 education, young learners, equity pedagogy, trauma-informed practice, content-based instruction, refugee concerns, teaching ELL adults, higher education, academic English, literacy, teacher training, immigration policy as it pertains to our students, SLIFE/SIFE, L2 teacher & learner identity, asset-based instruction, co-teaching, project-based learning, technology in English teaching, approaches to assessment, motivational strategies and more!
Here are some tips for writing a successful proposal:
* Think of your target audience, they are all in the ELL field, provide a brief overview and then dive right in!
* Include ideas or activities in your proposal that teachers can immediately put to use in their classrooms.
* Integrate possible classroom applications if your proposal is more of a conceptual/theoretical presentation.
* Address the wide age group that ELL teachers work with in the classrooms.
* Provide enough handouts for the presentation or an email address to contact the presenter.
* Allow time in the presentation for a debrief/reflection period if there is a group activity.
Here is a link with more information about the proposal requirements:
Here is a link to the rubric used to judge proposals:
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Winooski School District.