Greening Your Business (Registration is closed)
A series of free workshops and site visits designed to place your organization on a path of continual improvement of environmental performance. This program will help you to:
1) identify opportunities that will reduce environmental impacts and save money;
2) boost the impact of your green team and increase employee engagement;
3) and raise awareness of your environmental stewardship through your Maryland Green Registry profile.
This free program is open to businesses and organizations of all types and sizes.
Workshop 1: Fundamentals of Environmental Management, Continuous Improvement and Sustainability
Wed, Feb 17, 2016, 8 AM – 12 PM, Maryland Dept. of the Environment, Baltimore, MD **
• Assessing your interactions with, and effects on, the environment
• Prioritizing areas for improvement
• Emerging trends and best practices in environmental and sustainability management
• Establishing, supporting, and running a “Green Team”
On-site Technical Support 1: Individual Site Visit by the MD Manufacturing Extension Partnership
• Review operations for environmental impacts and current environmental practices
• Identify potential opportunities for environmental improvement
• Identify pollution prevention opportunities
Workshop 2: Establishing and Achieving Environmental Improvement Goals
Wed, Apr 13, 2016, 8 AM – 12 PM, Maryland Department of the Environment, Baltimore, MD **
• Using results of the site visit to select realistic improvement objectives and targets
• Measuring and monitoring your environmental performance
• Assigning responsibilities for improvement
• How to review your performance and when to make changes
• Building environmental improvement into your long-range plans
• When and how to get help
• Using your Maryland Green Registry Profile to set and publicize your annual goals
On-site Technical Support 2: Individual Site Visit by the MD Manufacturing Extension Partnership
• Review of your 2016 environmental improvement goals
• Updating and maintaining your Maryland Green Registry Profile
** The location for the two workshops may be adjusted if there is a location more convenient to the participating businesses.
To indicate your interest in participating in this free service, submit the information below by February 1, 2016 and we will be back in contact with you to confirm your place in the program. The program is limited to six organizations. For further information, contact Laura Armstrong at 410-537-4119,
or Paul Gietka, 410-916-4061,
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Maryland.gov.