2020 Innovating for Impact Awards Nomination Form
ABOUT THE AWARDS
The Global Health Technologies Coalition’s (GHTC) Innovating for Impact Awards celebrates the research partnerships and political champions that help transform breakthrough scientific research into lifesaving drugs, diagnostics, vaccines, and other health tools for devastating, unmet global health challenges. In light of the COVID-19 pandemic, this year’s honorees will be recognized through a digital, multimedia campaign in lieu of our annual recognition dinner.
Awards are presented in two categories:
The PARTNERSHIP AWARD honors an innovative research and development (R&D) partnership that brings together industry, government, nonprofits, academia, or other partners to advance a high-impact, game-changing global health technology. The partnership must have received federally funded research support or in-kind support from a US government agency.
The CONGRESSIONAL CHAMPION AWARD honors two US Members of Congress whose actions have strengthened political will and advanced US efforts to develop technologies to fight the world’s most challenging diseases and health conditions.
Nominations will be accepted through Friday, July 31, 2020. Awardees will be editorially selected by a committee of leaders from the global health and research communities and through a digital, multimedia campaign in early December that will reach an audience of policymakers, US government officials, media, and leaders of the global health and medical research communities.
NOMINATION CRITERIA & ELIGIBILITY
GHTC will honor one innovative, multisector R&D partnership that has advanced, or is working to advance, a high-impact, game-changing new drug, vaccine, diagnostic, or other tool for a critical unmet global health challenge.
• Partnership must be specifically designed to develop, advance, and bring to scale an urgently-needed drug, diagnostic, vaccine, or other tool for an unmet global health need.
• Tool advanced through the partnership must be high-impact, or have the potential for high-impact, on the unmet global health need or target population
• Partnership must include two or more entities from different sectors (i.e., government agency, nonprofit, academic institution, private industry, etc.) and must have received federally funded research support or in-kind support from a US government agency.
• Innovation must address a historically neglected disease as defined by the G-FINDER scope (
) , a World Health Organization R&D Blueprint priority disease (
), chikungunya, and/or a key challenge in maternal, newborn, child, adolescent, or reproductive health in low-resource settings.
• Representatives from the partnership must be willing to participate in video and other content pieces created for the digital awards campaign. Time commitment will be minimal.
CONGRESSIONAL CHAMPION AWARD
GHTC will honor two US Members of Congress who have taken concerted, vocal action to advance R&D to support global health, pandemic preparedness, and/or health security.
• Nominees must be sitting members of the US Congress.
• Honoree must be willing to film brief acceptance remarks for the award.
ADDITIONAL NOMINATION INFORMATION
• Organizations or individuals are not limited in the number of nominations they submit.
• Prior nomination does not exclude a candidate from consideration in subsequent years.
• All nomination materials submitted will become the property of GHTC, which organizes the Innovating for Impact Awards.
• All nominations for the 2020 awards must be received by the deadline of July 31, 2020.
I am nominating a:
R&D partnership for the PARTNERSHIP AWARD.
US Member of Congress for the CONGRESSIONAL CHAMPION AWARD.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service