Dance New Jersey/Dance to Learn Grant Application 2019-2020
The Geraldine R. Dodge Foundation and Dance New Jersey are pleased to offer grants to New Jersey dance companies, teaching artists, or certified teachers for diversity, equity and inclusion training and implementation of the standards-based Dance to Learn (DTL) curriculum.
Applications from professional companies/educators, including western and non western traditional, and contemporary dance styles from around the world, are now being accepted.
Grant Proposal Deadline: April 18, 2019
Questions? Call Lisa Grimes at 973-222-8844.
Grant Awardees Receive:
1. Three Professional Learning Community Education Days for teaching artists, certified teachers, company directors, and administrators to examine anti-bias and anti-stereotype artistry and teaching practices.(April 15, May 30, September 10, 2019)
2. Funding and support to identify anti-bias and anti-stereotype teaching practices within Unit 1 of the DTL curriculum.
3. Partial funding for an approved DTL professional dance company performance at your partner school.
4. Partial funding to implement 10-16 sessions of the DTL curriculum in classrooms at your partner school(s).
5. Continued support from DTL professionals throughout your residency.
6. Documentation and assessment protocols to implement during the residency.
Grant Recipient Requirements:
1. Must be a current Dance NJ member.
2. Attendance at three DTL Community Education Days (April 15, 2019, May 30 2019 & September 10, 2019).
3. Publicize the DTL program with the DTL banner logo to your local community media outlets (with assistance from Dance NJ as needed).
4. Document (written, photographic, and video) assessments of student learning and teaching artist observation as prescribed by DTL.
5. Complete a final report for Dance NJ and meet for a group debriefing.
6. Complete all programming by June 18, 2020 unless otherwise arranged with Dance NJ.
How to Apply:
1. Familiarize yourself with the Dance to Learn curriculum prior to filling out the application (visit
2. Complete the application by typing in the fields provided.
3. Electronically sign the application (Artistic Director and/or Project Coordinator signatures are required).
4. E-mail supporting materials (letter of school commitment) to
, as explained at the end of the application.
5. For any questions pertaining to the application, please contact Dance New Jersey Executive Director Lisa Grimes at
Page 1 of 2
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service