While we appreciate everybody's readiness to assist our work, we have limited resources to oversee volunteers, and we ask that you kindly read the following points carefully to make sure this is a good fit for both sides:
1) Generally, we need volunteers to assist in office work - updating the organization's databases or helping with administrative tasks. Notwithstanding, if you have a specific skill you think could assist us, such as programming, photography, translation or design, please let us know.
2) As B'Tselem is not an activist organization, we do not need volunteers in the field or for outreach activities. We are also not a lawyers organization, therefore we do not require volunteers for legal work. Finally, our research is highly specialized, and we do not take research assistants.
3) Since the training and overseeing of volunteers requires significant staff resources, we need a serious time commitment from you: we will only train volunteers who can stay with us for a few months, and for a set number of hours a week. Please do not apply if you are unsure about your ability to commit to B'Tselem.
4) We can only take volunteers who are able to physically work at our office, we do not take long-distance applicants.
5) You need to be able to communicate in either English, Hebrew or Arabic to volunteer with us. Knowing these languages fluently is an asset.
6) B’Tselem is not able to provide volunteers with financial support, health insurance, housing or any other kind of material compensation.
7) B’Tselem reserves the right to end any volunteer’s program at any time for any reasonable reason.
8) B'Tselem is not always able to take on new volunteers and cannot guarantee you a placement.
Thanks again,The B'Tselem team