Leadership Advance brings together individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences to develop their leadership potential, become a more effective leader and manager, as well as gain a better understanding of the community.
Here is what you can expect from your Leadership Advance experience:- Ten sessions that begin with a mandatory two-day, one-night opening advance retreat, followed by nine unique and rewarding program session days, spread out over nine months- Leadership training with professional instructor- Gaining insight into your own leadership style and skills, and learning strategies and techniques to improve your effectiveness- Forging lifelong relationships with your classmates- Meeting the "who's who" of our community and tapping into their expertise. During the morning of each session, you will receive a "back of the house" look at the systems and topics in our community that make it so vibrant and so dynamic:
- History - Government - Community Volunteerism - Healthcare - Education - Public Safety and Justice - Armed Forces - Business, Industry, Gaming, and Tourism
- The second half of each session day is a series of fully-facilitated practical leadership training dedicated to growing skills that will enhance your leadership skills and transform yourself into a more confident leader. Selection Criteria: Each participant in the program will be selected based on information provided on the application, as well as an interview. Selection criteria will include: - Desire to improve personal and professional leadership skills- Desire to develop a deeper understanding of the community- Commitment to engage in community service - Sincere concern about the future of Southern Nevada and a desire to become involved in shaping its future
PLEASE BE SURE TO COMPLETE ALL SECTIONS OF THIS APPLICATION BEFORE SUBMITTING.
The Leadership Advance Class of 2019 will represent the diversity of the greater Las Vegas community. Finalists must attend a personal interview. Interviews will be scheduled between July 23 and July 27, 2018. Applicants will receive final written notification of their selection status by Tuesday, August 7, 2018. Application Deadline: 4:00 p.m., Thursday, May 31, 2018 Submit completed applications to Kimberly Bagdasarian, email@example.com
CAN I SAVE MY APPLICATION TO COMPLETE AT ANOTHER TIME?The application is lengthy and some questions will take careful thought. If you are unable to finish all at once, you may complete or edit your answers at another time by following the instructions below.
INSTRUCTIONS: 1. Answer all required questions, these will be indicated by an *. Required questions are located throughout the application. Keep clicking the "NEXT" button all the way to the end of the application.
2. Click the "SUBMIT" button. NOTE: The submit button MUST be clicked in order to be able to edit at a later time, otherwise, all work will be lost.
3. An automatic confirmation email will be generated to the email address you will be asked to provide below. We will not be able to generate another confirmation email link for you. Be sure to provide a valid email address and check the spelling.
4. Check your junk mail or clutter box if you do not find it in your inbox. 5. A confirmation email will come from the sender: GOOGLE FORMS.
6. Subject will read: LEADERSHIP ADVANCE CLASS OF 2019 APPLICATION
7. The body of the email will contain a colored box that says EDIT RESPONSE. Clicking on this link will take you to your application so make your edits or complete the application.
8. If you employer blocks this type of link, a personal email should be used and you will need to complete the application at home.
9. Save the confirmation email as it must be used each time you want to edit your application.