FYP-DC Historian Application Form
Filipino Young Professionals of Washington, DC is a 501(c)(3) non-profit that is focused on professional development of the next generation of leaders. The organization is also focused on Philippine cultural exposure and education, charitable events, and the continued support of other community organizations at large.
FYP-DC is a 100% volunteer run organization and depends heavily on its Executive Board members to plan and execute our plans for the year. All members are expected to:
- Commit to a full term from January to December 2019 of a single year.
- Time commitment: 10 - 15 hours per month. Lead at least 1 official FYP event and co-lead at least 1 official FYP event.
- Demonstrate commitment in professional development, philanthropy, or volunteer work.
- Collaborate with an Executive Board to plan events and operational responsibilities of FYP-DC.
- Be an ambassador, supporter, and cultivate stakeholders on behalf of FYP-DC to the community.
- Engage with FYP-DC members and participants.
- Attend monthly Executive Board meetings and FYP events.
- Promote and encourage participation in all FYP-DC events through your personal and professional network.
- Bring enthusiasm and an open-mind to work with a dynamic team!
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Take pictures and video recordings of FYP-DC events
- Post pictures on social media accounts and website
- Work with VP of Mass Communications/Marketing to use social media and photography effectively/strategically
- Use social media accounts to cover FYP events
- Archive photos/media coverage of events within the Google Drive
- Maintain the image of FYP, gaining publicity and disseminating information to members of the press or other media representatives.
- Curate and determine what are best photos to use as publicity for FYP and events
If you have any questions, please email Aggie Serrame at
Name (first and last name)
Why are you interested in becoming an FYP-DC Executive Board Member?
What new ideas do you have for the Historian position?
Do you have photography skills and equipment? (i.e. social media skills, editing, camera, camera equipment, etc.)
What new ideas do you have for FYP-DC? (It does not have to relate to the Historian position)
What is your LinkedIn link profile? (place link below)
Do you have any leadership positions you have held in the past? Do you have any activities that you have done previously relating to the Filipino community?
Have you attended any official FYP-DC events recently? Please list events below.
Please list 2 references below (1 professional and 1 personal).
Send me a copy of my responses.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Filipino Young Professionals Inc.