We came together in 2021 when we organized a 1200+ person rally in Berkeley, CA. Then, we launched the ONE/180 pledge
in support of at least one day of AAPI history + culture in schools. While we continue our symbolic pledge and support legislation in support of diverse histories, we realize that we can take action now.
We have versions for elementary school, middle schoolers and high schoolers too.
- Why is it important to learn AAPI history?
- What myths and stereotypes can we dismantle by learning diverse histories?
- Let's talk about a few key moments
- But wait, there are AAPI heroes (past and current) who have worked hard to dismantle these stereotypes and myths. Who are they?
- Let's celebrate some AAPI modern heroes too!
Our lesson launched in May 2022 and we have already taught hundreds of students. We launched in Massachusetts, Los Angeles, Berkeley, Mountain View. For Fall of 2022, we are adding new states: Illinois, Florida, New Jersey, Wisconsin, Virginia, and New York. Curious? Sign up now!
firstname.lastname@example.org | www.aapiyouthrising.org
| IG @aapiyouthrising