PLACE NYC Membership Questionnaire
Thank you for your interest in joining PLACE NYC. PLACE NYC members advocate for a high quality, challenging education for every student in all NYC DOE Public Schools.
5 Pillars of PLACE NYC Advocacy
1) Improve the rigor and quality of education all students receive starting at elementary school
2) Improve diversity by academically preparing all students for admission to schools of their choice
3) Support the use of merit based admissions policies for accelerated learning programs and academically competitive schools
4) Expand Gifted & Talented programs into neighborhoods that are currently lacking those programs
5) Preserve the SHSAT for existing specialized high schools and expand the number of Specialized High Schools in each borough
Please visit our website to learn more
We encourage all New York City public school parents and supporters of our advocacy to complete and submit the following form. [Eligibility is not limited to NYC Public school parents.]
If parent, please list school[s] your child[ren] attend[s], including school name, school number, and borough (if none please write none):
If you are a current parent leader in some capacity (eg. CEC/Citywide, PTA officer, SLT, DLT, Community Board, non-profit or other), please explain and include position:
Please briefly explain why you want to join PLACE NYC:
Do you agree with the objectives of our advocacy: Our objectives include but are not limited to: 1. Improving the rigor and standards of all NYC DOE school curricula so that all students receive a high quality public school education that positions all students to achieve their greatest academic potential starting from elementary school through high school, regardless of race or socioeconomic status. 2. Expand Gifted & Talented programs and Specialized High Schools to accommodate more students with a focus on neighborhoods currently lacking sufficient Gifted & Talented programs and seats, and Specialized High Schools. 3. Preserve the SHSAT and increase availability of SHSAT awareness and preparation.
Yes, I agree.
No, I do not. (Note: PLACE NYC is an advocacy group. If you do not agree with our objectives, this is not the right group for you.)
Your email address:
Thank you for your interest in joining PLACE NYC. We will contact you shortly.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service